Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Rifleworks
Landhawk Arms
J&B Firearm Sales
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Firearm Fails

Reactions
Those oversized "handguns" are usually found in Germany , The Czech Rep. and such...
The are supposed to fired with a charge of powder and wadding as a blank type of gun...
Usually at October Fest and the like....
Andy
Cut the handle down to something grippable, put in a somewhat close to reasonable load of powder & shot, and I would love one. Particularly if I could keep recoil down to a 454 casull level or 12 gauge minis.

Reactions
This probably could go under the training and education thread as how not to take care of your firearm, or how not to handle your firearm, but thought it was pretty funny. Some are old that we've all seen, but a few newer ones that made me say wow!

The last guys with the knife and spatula are hilarious :D

I am a bit sympathetic to the people shooting the short shotguns; my Shockwave will recoil quite a bit with 3" magnum buckshot - enough to rip the fore-end from your hand, you definitely do need to use the strap. With 2.75" buckshot it is quite manageable.

Reactions

I am a bit sympathetic to the people shooting the short shotguns; my Shockwave will recoil quite a bit with 3" magnum buckshot - enough to rip the fore-end from your hand, you definitely do need to use the strap. With 2.75" buckshot it is quite manageable.
Once you learn proper grip, yes. :)

The shorty shotguns can be a handful. I'd never fire a 3" shell in my Super Shorty; shooting the the shorter length shells is a "religious experience" enough.

558130-e4d6217530ed4095f27ec7be146af98a.jpg

I remember touching it off at the western end of our property next to an adjoining plot. After three thunderclaps and fireballs, I hear said across the stream separating our properties "Well, howdy neighbor." :s0112:

Reactions

I fired exactly 1 magnum slug from my shockwave. I didn't let go, I didn't point in an unsafe direction, but.. ..NEVER AGAIN! I Thought I tore tendons in my wrist. I love shooting shorty slugs out of it. I have a +1 extension on mine. 10+1 capacity and a crimson trace laser. As long as you cycle it with any degree of authority, the opsol adapter has never failed me. And the only way I have done it is sideways very slowly and gingerly. Anyway, I love mine. Its essentially an overgrown pistol for me.

KKG

Reactions
The shorty shotguns can be a handful. I'd never fire a 3" shell in my Super Shorty; shooting the the shorter length shells is a "religious experience" enough.

View attachment 651785

I remember touching it off at the western end of our property next to an adjoining plot. After three thunderclaps and fireballs, I hear said across the stream separating our properties "Well, howdy neighbor." :s0112:
I have to wonder just how much energy is lost with one that short. There was a time when I carried and fired the Department "Entry Shotgun" and it was a Handful and I wasn't a small man in those days. There was a whole lot of Stupid on that video.

Reactions
The first 3" I shot I lost the fore end and I was gripping it as tight as possible but I did not have my hand inside the strap. The second time I shot with my hand inside the strap and I had better control over it. I shot a couple more after that. I've shot worse, but I can see how someone would lose control over it, especially if they did not have the grip strength to hang onto it. I am not slight of build, but I don't have the grip strength I used to have when I was younger.

I have to wonder just how much energy is lost with one that short. There was a time when I carried and fired the Department "Entry Shotgun" and it was a Handful and I wasn't a small man in those days.
Not sure, though years ago I saw an article where it shows just how much; maybe I can dig it up. Basically, they took a stock 12 gauge and removed barrel in 1" increments and tested the results. I didn't pickup the Serbu for any other reason than gonzo factor. However, when I papered/built my Lupara I went with 11" because the aforementioned article show pretty good performance, until you went any shorter than that, give or take.

There was a whole lot of Stupid on that video.
True that. Proof there are a lot of dumb folks out there.

UPCOMING EVENTS

NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought two guns from Curts over the past 5yrs and quite a few accessories. They have more of the really nice high-end products. I live on the...
    • Helocat
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    Great place good people, transfer fee is a joke.
    • FireArm
  • Northwest Armory - Milwaukie
    3.00 star(s)
    I used to go in often, even when the store is empty its hard to get someone to help, they say just a sec and never come back to you, or are having...
    • FireArm
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop and decent selection, good for a hunting rifle or Glock , hit or miss on just about everything else.
    • FireArm
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place, people and service.
    • FireArm

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online