Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FIREARM BACKGROUND CHECKS TEMPORARILY ON HOLD DUE TO NATIONAL INSTANT CHECK SYSTEM PR

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Juggernaut, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ory'gun Active Member

Received this email at 9 this morning... and just like that, all gun sales could be stopped.

Once any of those Universal BG Check laws get on the books it would be as simple as throwing a switch and the legal transfer of firearms would effectively cease to exist. This is just one of the many reasons why we must continue to oppose any new infringements of our 2A protected rights.

bcdon, fredball, rocky3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ory'gun Active Member

You may resume your regularly scheduled firearms transactions.

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  3. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I have never understood why those who hold a CHL should have to undergo a back ground check every time they buy a gun. Probably just a fund raiser for the state.

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

I thought CHL were exempt from NICS, but they still had to fill out a 4473 which gets called in to the state police. For the last pistol I purchased the clerk had me approved on the computer before I finished filling out the 4473.

5. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

That ain't the only thing they can control with the flip of a switch. Pretty much all communications.

6. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

Nope, in that time they ran the NICS background check and you were approved. In some other states, you don't have to do the background check with a CHL. But in Oregon, the CHL does not exempt you from the NICS check. Their reasoning behind this is because you may have done something that would prevent you from owning a firearm between the time you got your CHL and buying the firearm.

7. Will

Will Everett Active Member

Same in WA, the only thing a CPL does is let you take your purchase home the same day instead of the required cooling off period.

8. mhinagoya

mhinagoya Sedro Woolley, WA New Member

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

10. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

OSP want's the MONEY!!!

A few years back we could show a ccw and walk out without a check..

11. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

I think the whole thing is plainly stupid. After undergoing a single background check you should be exempt from further checks for life. What's to keep a person from shooting someone with the gun he already has ? So what if he owns one or fifty. A " cooling off period " is moot if you already have one.