JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we moved to idaho and we found a house we are closing on today. Seller had a lumber truck full of full length logs that I wanted to buy. Actually asked for it in the deal. He paid 1500 for the load which was 15 cords. He kept that. Then he had 3.5 cords cut and split stacked. Older wood. He said that wood was delivered and it cost him 265.00 a cord. He wants me to pay $700.00 for that 3.5 cords! Then he proceeds to tell me he doesn't really want to put the effort into hauling it away to his next house. I said no I will pass on that. 700.00! If he doesn't want to load it up and take it, them why not just give it to me for 300.00? Or less even.

He seems like he try's to run me up the river on anything. Kinda a tight dude. I'm willing to pay top dollar if it's awesome wood, but it's not in this case.

WOW you didn't have this written into your offer on the house/land? When we bought our house in 1988 in our offer to buy it clearly stated the two huge freight wagon wheels attached to the front porch should be included. Course we should have also stipulated that the upstairs bedroom walls no be covered with crayons in between the offer being accepted and taking possession of the house. Once the title to the property changes hands anything like firewood on the property would be yours as far as I know. Or at the very least you could charge him storage fee's for it sitting on your ground.

When it came time to take possession they were not even close to being moved out. 3 days before they started the process. And were still hauling off stuff the day we took possession. The guy had two bird enclosures in the back yard one with doves the other with pigeons. He told me he would be back in a couple weeks to get the birds and would stop by every day to feed them.

I told him no problem as long as he understood that my English Cocker Spaniel (Freckles) was trained to hunt birds and would spend every minute of every day until she either got to the birds or the birds left trying to get into those half assed enclosures. I figured it would take her about 15 min to dig under the chicken wire and have her way with the birds.

The doves and pigeons were gone the next day lock stock and barrel LOL

Once the title to the property changes hands anything like firewood on the property would be yours as far as I know.
Technically correct - I ran into this exact problem on a house I bought in Redmond many years ago. I had taken possession and arrived (three days after the fact) with my first trailer load and the previous owner was still in it only partially moved out! Well this was an issue initially but I agreed to let her have a few extra days BUT I unloaded the first load of my stuff into the garage. I wasn't going to be an a-hole about it - especially since the previous owners were going through a divorce and I had known the husband for many years - actually long before they were married.

WOW you didn't have this written into your offer on the house/land? When we bought our house in 1988 in our offer to buy it clearly stated the two huge freight wagon wheels attached to the front porch should be included. Course we should have also stipulated that the upstairs bedroom walls no be covered with crayons in between the offer being accepted and taking possession of the house. Once the title to the property changes hands anything like firewood on the property would be yours as far as I know. Or at the very least you could charge him storage fee's for it sitting on your ground.

When it came time to take possession they were not even close to being moved out. 3 days before they started the process. And were still hauling off stuff the day we took possession. The guy had two bird enclosures in the back yard one with doves the other with pigeons. He told me he would be back in a couple weeks to get the birds and would stop by every day to feed them.

I told him no problem as long as he understood that my English Cocker Spaniel (Freckles) was trained to hunt birds and would spend every minute of every day until she either got to the birds or the birds left trying to get into those half assed enclosures. I figured it would take her about 15 min to dig under the chicken wire and have her way with the birds.

The doves and pigeons were gone the next day lock stock and barrel LOL

Tried. My agent insisted we leave that out of the deal. He said it would work out to my favor. Guess not.

If you are getting a mortgage, the bank will not loan on any "personal property" included in the sales agreement.

I don't think Op is not talking about the financing side of things. Purchase agreements can involve all kinds of crazy things. After date of legal possession you own everything left on property, unless you let them take your stuff (their left behind stuff), It it legally the new owners. AFAIK.

If you know or deal with a real estate agent that has done it for a while ask them some stories, It's usually pretty funny.

Seller called me today, he offered $500.00 now.
Wood is still here. I'm getting the feeling he doesn't want to take the wood. If I pay, I think 250.00 is tops. Heck the wood should be free with the property.

Tell him you're not interested in the wood and that he has 48 hours to get it off your property. Otherwise you're hauling it to the dump. See what he says to that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top