Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fire wood story

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oregonhunter5, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

So we moved to idaho and we found a house we are closing on today. Seller had a lumber truck full of full length logs that I wanted to buy. Actually asked for it in the deal. He paid 1500 for the load which was 15 cords. He kept that. Then he had 3.5 cords cut and split stacked. Older wood. He said that wood was delivered and it cost him 265.00 a cord. He wants me to pay $700.00 for that 3.5 cords! Then he proceeds to tell me he doesn't really want to put the effort into hauling it away to his next house. I said no I will pass on that. 700.00! If he doesn't want to load it up and take it, them why not just give it to me for 300.00? Or less even.

2. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

Offer him $300 or he can haul them away ;)

slimer13 likes this.
  3. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Sounds like the sellers who say they paid $65 a brick for .22 and are only trying to get their money back.

samuelm16 and orygun like this.
  4. Oregonhunter5

He seems like he try's to run me up the river on anything. Kinda a tight dude. I'm willing to pay top dollar if it's awesome wood, but it's not in this case.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Make one offer - more like leave it or TAKE it in this case - I'll bet he caves....

6. Oregonhunter5

K

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WOW you didn't have this written into your offer on the house/land? When we bought our house in 1988 in our offer to buy it clearly stated the two huge freight wagon wheels attached to the front porch should be included. Course we should have also stipulated that the upstairs bedroom walls no be covered with crayons in between the offer being accepted and taking possession of the house. Once the title to the property changes hands anything like firewood on the property would be yours as far as I know. Or at the very least you could charge him storage fee's for it sitting on your ground.

When it came time to take possession they were not even close to being moved out. 3 days before they started the process. And were still hauling off stuff the day we took possession. The guy had two bird enclosures in the back yard one with doves the other with pigeons. He told me he would be back in a couple weeks to get the birds and would stop by every day to feed them.

I told him no problem as long as he understood that my English Cocker Spaniel (Freckles) was trained to hunt birds and would spend every minute of every day until she either got to the birds or the birds left trying to get into those half assed enclosures. I figured it would take her about 15 min to dig under the chicken wire and have her way with the birds.

The doves and pigeons were gone the next day lock stock and barrel LOL

Don H likes this.
  8. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

I'd grab a cold beer and a lawn chair, sit and watch him move every stitch of it.

Redcap, billyinfinity and bellarum like this.
  9. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Technically correct - I ran into this exact problem on a house I bought in Redmond many years ago. I had taken possession and arrived (three days after the fact) with my first trailer load and the previous owner was still in it only partially moved out! Well this was an issue initially but I agreed to let her have a few extra days BUT I unloaded the first load of my stuff into the garage. I wasn't going to be an a-hole about it - especially since the previous owners were going through a divorce and I had known the husband for many years - actually long before they were married.

10. Oregonhunter5

Tried. My agent insisted we leave that out of the deal. He said it would work out to my favor. Guess not.

11. jluck

Was that the first sign the agent was intelligence challenged? You can negotiate ANYTHING into a purchase. It is so hard to find a decent real estate agent.

orygun and iusmc2002 like this.
  12. Oregonhunter5

He's a super agent! But he was ready to close a deal with me I think. We put him through hell...

13. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

If you are getting a mortgage, the bank will not loan on any "personal property" included in the sales agreement.

14. jluck

I don't think Op is not talking about the financing side of things. Purchase agreements can involve all kinds of crazy things. After date of legal possession you own everything left on property, unless you let them take your stuff (their left behind stuff), It it legally the new owners. AFAIK.

If you know or deal with a real estate agent that has done it for a while ask them some stories, It's usually pretty funny.

15. Oregonhunter5

Seller called me today, he offered $500.00 now.
    Wood is still here. I'm getting the feeling he doesn't want to take the wood. If I pay, I think 250.00 is tops. Heck the wood should be free with the property.

Don H likes this.
  16. jluck

He's just trying you. He knows he has no legal right to that wood and wants to work you over for a bit of cash IMHO.

17. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Tell him you're not interested in the wood and that he has 48 hours to get it off your property. Otherwise you're hauling it to the dump. See what he says to that.

Redcap likes this.
  18. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

You bought the house, start burning the wood!

19. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Exactly.

20. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

You could always sell him the wood.

Redcap likes this.