JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the ammo crunch in full force, I got my hands on a box of Fiocchi .357 Magnum Cowboy Loads, bought them for target practice but was wondering if this 'low powered' loads at 700 fps muzzle speed and 172 muzzle energy in Foot/Pounds would be enough for self defense.

<broken link removed>

I would not use them for self defense against anything you think can brush off a 158gr chunk of lead moving at 700 FPS................ Last time I checked humans were not able to do that.

People get real wrapped up in caliber and bullet size for self defense. Yes there is some stuff that is better then others BUT even having a gun will stop most threats. The ones that are not stopped will have a serious hurt put on them by the high speed delivery of lead.

How many people have .22's killed..........

BTW that is some good ammo. When I was cowboy action shooting my back up gun was a .357 and since I did not load for it at the time that is the ammo I used.

I agree Nwcid. Fiocchi is very good stuff, and knowing they have a plant in Ozark, MO I think most of their ammo sold in US is also made in the US factory.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top