JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x54R
City
Longview
State
Washington
Zip Code
M91 M30 M39…not sure which.
Finnish markings - Sako and VKT I believe.
Good condition for a 78 year old rifle.
7.62x54r

Not sure of true value.
$695 obo cash.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Do the numbers on the bolt match the barrel?

Thanks
You know more about these than I do, so bear with me please. On the fully assembled rifle, the following numbers are visible:
61384 - left side of receiver
61384 - top, between rear site and receiver(also has 1944 and vkt etc)
86432 side below the sight (different font than rest)
When I removed the receiver, there was:
903 - under tang
2109 in two places - I believe on bottom on both receiver and barrel extension)(I had attached a pic of this earlier)

If I need to take it apart again, I can. Just let me know so I can get you the proper information.

You know more about these than I do, so bear with me please. On the fully assembled rifle, the following numbers are visible:
903 - under tang
2109 in two places - I believe on bottom on both receiver and barrel extension)(I had attached a pic of this earlier)

If I need to take it apart again, I can. Just let me know so I can get you the proper information.
Sorry, just re-read your message. I looked st the bolt. The numbers are not discernible. I do not know if I could raise them with the paper and pencil trick. Will ho get a pic for you.

903 - under tang

The numbers that matter are the numbers on the top of the barrel, and the bolt handle. The finns swapped and recycled parts often, so its very unlikely that the stock, magazine, and smaller parts will match the barrel.
If the bolt isn't numbered, its likely just an arsenal replacement or wasn't numbered to begin with.
When the finns matched a bolt to a rifle, they would grind of the old serial numbers and "force match" it to the barrel, so no finn rifles are every truly numbers matching.

Thank you for bearing with me and answering my questions!

The numbers that matter are the numbers on the top of the barrel, and the bolt handle. The finns swapped and recycled parts often, so its very unlikely that the stock, magazine, and smaller parts will match the barrel.
If the bolt isn't numbered, its likely just an arsenal replacement or wasn't numbered to begin with.
When the finns matched a bolt to a rifle, they would grind of the old serial numbers and "force match" it to the barrel, so no finn rifles are every truly numbers matching.

Thank you for bearing with me and answering my questions!
Pencil trick did not work. There might be a 583 in there, but my eyes can't read missing metal :)

Very nice rifle. The receiver is 1903 dated, Tula made. The rifle is a Finnish VKT rework/improved Mosin m39. Not an antique receiver unfortunately(pre 1899) but an early receiver nevertheless. Very cool piece of history. GLWS.

Last Edited:
Ahh, if I didn't have three M39s already...

I'll pile on with the questions. It is commonly thought that 44 dated VKTs were actually assembled after the war from ready receivers and such. Post war stocks have a squared off finger joints, right in front of the rear sight. This rifle looks like it has rounded off joints. Correct? This would make it a wartime stock, which is actually preferable.

Ahh, if I didn't have three M39s already...

I'll pile on with the questions. It is commonly thought that 44 dated VKTs were actually assembled after the war from ready receivers and such. Post war stocks have a squared off finger joints, right in front of the rear sight. This rifle looks like it has rounded off joints. Correct? This would make it a wartime stock, which is actually preferable.
Yes, they are rounded finger joints.

Yes, they are rounded finger joints.

E9A32830-73B8-44FC-B7D5-EB6C77C8FD2B.jpeg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.