JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mothersday Babyback ribs, prepping for tomorrow...

Membrane removed and into the beer and vinegar brine.

DSCN1489.jpg

DSCN1490.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1499.jpg

Salt, garlic powder, brown sugar, pepper corns, bay leaves, sage, Fat Tire ale, vinegar and water.

I am thinking I'll brine them for about 2 hours and then dry and refrigerate until tomorrow. At which point I will rub mustard into them and then let them dry for a couple hours before I give them the BBQ dry rub seasoning and then quick and hot sear on them on the BBQ, followed by a couple hours low temp smoke and then wrap them in foil and cook until done. They are done when a tooth pic will poke through like Butta

I haven't come up with a plan for the dry rub yet but I will post it when I do.

Damn it!!!! Quit doing that!!

I LOVE ribs, wife hates them.................so I guess I'm not getting ribs (along with anything else) for mothers day.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Rub

Brown Sugar, Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Hungarian Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Ancho Chili Powder, Ground Black Pepper, Orange Zest,Oregano,Cumin, Allspice, Fine Ground Dark Coffee, Mustard Powder.

DSCN1503.jpg

Ya know, for the last year I have watched trlsmn posts on the good food that he has posted for us and I always think "Dam you, for making us envy your cooking!!! I want some!!!!"

Keep them coming, I have gotten some pretty good recipes from you.

Rub

Brown Sugar, Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Hungarian Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Ancho Chili Powder, Ground Black Pepper, Orange Zest,Oregano,Cumin, Allspice, Fine Ground Dark Coffee, Mustard Powder.

I used to make my own dry rub, just about like you've got going on. It's good, no doubt.

But, I must say I've since given up and now purchase pre-mix. The main reason is I'm getting lazy. There are a lot of spices you have to have in stock. I found they would go stale after a short time, or I would always be missing something and fudge it anyway, never really happy with it. Also, my wife was placed on a low-sodium diet, so that kind of killed it right there...

...until I found this: <broken link removed>

It is by far and away the best dry rub I've ever experienced, especially for ribs. Best of all, it's "low-sodium". A little goes a long way, give it a try sometime. :s0155:

Got 3 racks of baby backs on the smoker now for the wife. I asked her what she wants for dinner, I could cook, or we could go somewhere..... she had a hard time between ribs and pulled pork sammies..... gotta love it when the wife would rather have your BBQ than a fancy dinner at a restaurant. The ribs she loves the most are a bit different though. No dry rub, you make a wet mix of smoked paprika, brown mustard,spices, and peach gelatin. Smoke it a few hours first then smear this stuff on it. Then after a few hours you wrap then in foil with an apple juice and butter mixture. Then finally remove them and grill them with a BBQ sauce and apricot mixture. They are a sweet rib, but damn they're good. She didn't like ribs until I had her try these. ..... now she asks for them when she can have anything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Prep day 2

Rub mustard into ribs

DSCN1525.jpg

DSCN1527.jpg

Let sit for a couple hours then wipe off

DSCN1528.jpg

Spread the rub on liberally

DSCN1532.jpg

DSCN1530.jpg

Let site for a 1/2 hour then rub in

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1535.jpg

Turn BBQ to high and sear both sides for 4 minutes each.

DSCN1537.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

Move ribs to top rack turn BBQ to low amd smoke with Mesquite wood chips for 1 hour.

DSCN1542.jpg

Wrap in foil and bake at 300 for one hour.

Let stand for 15 mins.

Pour juice from foil in to a bowl, add mustard and honey for dipping sauce.

Cut and eat.

DSCN1558.jpg

DSCN1545.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1554.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show