JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased an Israeli Police FN Hi Power as a project pistol. One of the things that I am doing is refinishing to blue it, maybe Duracoat it. Can anyone advise me on a proven method to strip what I think is the original black enamel-type finish? I have searched the web, but do not see this specific finish mentioned in prepping the metal for refinishing. I have seen Naval Jelly frequently noted as effective in removing bluing, but am not sufficiently confident in that information to proceed with that. Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you both; this is an epoxy-base coating that I have come to understand can only be removed by media blasting. Can anyone give me an idea of what this might cost and if anyone local offers this service? Thanks again for the feed back.

If you are willing to ship this to Orting, WA this is right up our speciality. We have had four Hi-powers come in the last six weeks, go figure maybe the hi-power is making a come back.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top