JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to the local Sheriff Dept. to get fingerprinted for my eForm 1, (they do the electronic scan) and the person behind the counter said they weren't sure if the ATF was accepting the scanned images for Form 1's??? So I went and asked about it at a local shop, I was told "they like them printed on the cards with blue lines"...and he gave me a couple of the correct cards to use.

Just wondering now if anyone has had problems with the printed scans being accepted? I do recall them having trouble getting a good scan from at least one of my fingers when I re-did my CPL a few years back.

To revive an old thread. I'm now crossing this very bridge...

Under ATF E-file Form 1, there is a slot for uploading scanned fingerprints but they are supposed to be an .EFT extension, whatever that is. Apparently a place called PrintScan is an authorized channel by the FBI for scanned fingerprints and there are lots of them around town. They give you options on how you would like to receive them. If requested by e-mail, they send them as a .PDF so that sounds like a no-go since they need an .EFT extension file. You can also have them priority mailed or even pick them up in person. How would I go about getting them uploaded to the E-file form in the proper format?

Under ATF E-file Form 1, there is a slot for uploading scanned fingerprints but they are supposed to be an .EFT extension, whatever that is. Apparently a place called PrintScan is an authorized channel by the FBI for scanned fingerprints and there are lots of them around town. They give you options on how you would like to receive them. If requested by e-mail, they send them as a .PDF so that sounds like a no-go since they need an .EFT extension file. You can also have them priority mailed or even pick them up in person. How would I go about getting them uploaded to the E-file form in the proper format?

Last Edited:
I went to the UPS Store in Salem to get mine taken. The .EFT file was emailed to me before I got out of the parking lot. Had several fingers that were barely readable and the scanner said they might not be acceptable, but ATF took them without comment for several form 1's. Not sure where you're getting that they should be sent as .pdf files, the form say they must be .eft file format. You tell the person taking the prints what form and format to use.

This is relatively new. In the past, the PrintScan vendors were only licensed to take prints for people that had a contract with. Now you can just go in and pay for it yourself. You now own the file so can keep using it as many times as needed for ATF.

Nice part is that you don't have to mail anything, you don't need to pay Silerencico $50 for every one, and then have no way to contact ATF about delays.

I went to the UPS Store in Salem to get mine taken. The .EFT file was emailed to me before I got out of the parking lot. Had several fingers that were barely readable and the scanner said they might not be acceptable, but ATF took them without comment for several form 1's. Not sure where you're getting that they should be sent as .pdf files, the form say they must be .eft file format. You tell the person taking the prints what form and format to use.

This is relatively new. In the past, the PrintScan vendors were only licensed to take prints for people that had a contract with. Now you can just go in and pay for it yourself. You now own the file so can keep using it as many times as needed for ATF.

Nice part is that you don't have to mail anything, you don't need to pay Silerencico $50 for every one, and then have no way to contact ATF about delays.
It said on PrintScans website they sent them as a pdf but I now see they can do EFT as well. Seems worth it to me. By the way PrintScans are run put of UPS stores. Might be talking about the same company.

Look at post #189 here:

Look at post #189 here:

Thanks. So I can walk in any time even before my appointment? I don't have a 2nd ID with me but I'll grab a utility bill which apparently counts for when I come back.

Just booked an appointment. Cost is $65. Definitely worth it if you're using it multiple times.
It sure was for me cuz I did several apps taking my time and just upload the same file each time. Just keep in mind the eft file takes 5 minutes or more and the earlier emails (Fe "has been sent to atf") can be a bit confusing and just ignore them.

Thanks. So I can walk in any time even before my appointment? I don't have a 2nd ID with me but I'll grab a utility bill which apparently counts for when I come back.
Yep I specifically asked ups store employee and he said they don't even get any notification of that. Apparently it's for printscan purposes. As long as you have QR code you are good to go. I did mine way before the "scheduled appointment".

Also note that not all ups stores have a scanner. I think if it's on printscan website they have a scanner but can't recall for sure. Can always call ups store if in doubt on that part.

Edit: just re-read your post. They need both ID before doing the scan as I recall. I think I used car insurance card in my car as second piece but can't recall for sure.

Last Edited:
I went to the local Sheriff Dept. to get fingerprinted for my eForm 1, (they do the electronic scan) and the person behind the counter said they weren't sure if the ATF was accepting the scanned images for Form 1's??? So I went and asked about it at a local shop, I was told "they like them printed on the cards with blue lines"...and he gave me a couple of the correct cards to use.

Just wondering now if anyone has had problems with the printed scans being accepted? I do recall them having trouble getting a good scan from at least one of my fingers when I re-did my CPL a few years back.
nope no problem

Yep I specifically asked ups store employee and he said they don't even get any notification of that. Apparently it's for printscan purposes. As long as you have QR code you are good to go. I did mine way before the "scheduled appointment".

Also note that not all ups stores have a scanner. I think if it's on printscan website they have a scanner but can't recall for sure. Can always call ups store if in doubt on that part.

Edit: just re-read your post. They need both ID before doing the scan as I recall. I think I used car insurance card in my car as second piece but can't recall for sure.
They'll take a utility bill with address as well as a secondary. Unfortunately, my car's registration has my wife's name on it so that wouldn't work. I did check by walking into the UPS store today and they had the scan station. I may go in tomorrow on lunch if there's enough time. How long would you say it takes to get it done?

Had mine done at the Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center last week. $30.00, extremely easy, and no mess. I didn't get a PDF of my prints, but she made sure the prints were properly taken (the scanner lets her know) and printed out the digital readings on two cards for me.

Fingerprinting/Passport Photos
(APPOINTMENT ONLY)

503-794-8072
M-Th 8-4, Fri 8-3.
That sounds pretty easy. I'm going to go with the PrintScan option simply because for $65, you can re-upload the same prints as many times you need to in the future, the only thing you have to keep up-to-date is your photo which is easy to take at home. I just opened a trust so I may be doing a lot more NFA going forward. For now, I'll have 2 Form 4 single shot trusts and and my first Form 1 trust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top