Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

finding the age of a revolver

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by inheritor, Jun 1, 2009.

1. inheritor

inheritor burlington illinois Member

i have an old .38 revolver,i know it to be as old as i am(35)it was my fathers gun my mother told me my dad had it when i was born but cant tell me anymore than that.heres where the problem lies saddly my father passed away last oct. (i.e. how i got the gun) he was the only one who could have told me its true age.myself im not very computer litterate well honestly im a complete moron when it comes to a computer.I tried to research it and only frustrated myself.its a f.i.e arminius .38 stub nose 6 shot revolver can someone PLEASE help me with this :confused:

2. toys

toys PDX Member

according to my 29th Blue book.

Arminius was an imported German firearm. Weihrach was/is the mfg and was located in 2 locatioins. it says they started makeing guns from 1922.

if you want to know the value, the BB doesnt give anything for that caliber. The vaues it does give are < 400 for NIB specimens. although it does menioned they did make them in 38. you may want to check out the gun auction/selling sites to see if there are any being sold/auctioned.

3. inheritor

inheritor burlington illinois Member

thanks toys.not really interested in selling the gun,but i am really currious of its age.i know i wont be able to get exact doy/month of it but i would like to get the year