JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was about 8yrs old I found and old Remington .22 single shot in the attic of a house my folks rented. There was no bolt. I used to lug it around when walking the woods around the house. It was cool at the time. Not sure what ever happened to it. Lost in many moves for someone else to find and wonder about.

I found my dad's old Stevens 22lr single shot bolt gun with a kid sized stock. The stock was broken at the wrist, but I managed to bubblegum it together and it still shoots. I am 63, found the rifle when I was 22. My dad used it during the depression to get pot game for the family on the farm. Greydog.:s0155:

I met a guy that inherited an old set of golf clubs after the father in law died. while he was looking through the golf bag found an old Savage 1917 .32 in great shape...he didn't like guns and sold it to me for $15...SCORE!

A good friend passed away recently and his widow stated that he had buried a pistol in the back yard, along with some cash during the Y2K hysteria.
She made me an offer "find the cash for me, and you can keep the gun". Wasn't too hard to locate because she had a general idea of it's whereabouts.
My prize for ten minutes work, was a 1968 Colt 1911 .45 National Match in excellent condition. Luckily, he had taken the time to pack it in cosmoline grease and bury it in an airtight container with desiccants.

... jbett - nice find and a story to go with it too ... makes one wonder what else is buried, hoarded and secreted away, all over the country, if not the world.
Now if one was to find that cache of Stinger II's; or perhaps a ... ray gun? Or a Thompson found with flintolocks (remember Time Tunnel?) chuckle.

I found an asprin tin when I redid the roof and got into a trapped section of eve. I've just about torn this old house apart remodeling it and fixing the crap the idiots before me did. Ain't nothing I haven't put here to look for.

A good friend passed away recently and his widow stated that he had buried a pistol in the back yard, along with some cash during the Y2K hysteria.
She made me an offer "find the cash for me, and you can keep the gun". Wasn't too hard to locate because she had a general idea of it's whereabouts.
My prize for ten minutes work, was a 1968 Colt 1911 .45 National Match in excellent condition. Luckily, he had taken the time to pack it in cosmoline grease and bury it in an airtight container with desiccants.

what was her prize??

While living with my grandparents during the late 60s.
They had a farm which was one of the original homesteads on the Columbia river. My then young uncle was playing along the river stepped on something in the mud that didn't feel right. Reaching down he pulled up a Remington falling block .22 caliber rifle. ( a model No.2 if I remember right. ) This was in the late 30s or early 40s.
I was using that rifle to dispatch the occasional Sunday chicken for my grandmother. The rifle would shoot about 4 inches to the left at 75 feet.
My cousin now owns that rifle along with my grandfather's 1894 25-20 Winchester.

Correction 1892 model 25-20

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top