JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was at my wife's family's house for the holidays and her dad shows me a old CZ 38 made in the czech republic supposedly for german ww2 pilots. In great condition.
He's lived in the house for over 35 years and just found it last year in the attic. And a few years ago some guy pulled in his drive way and said he knew the old guy that lived there before and said he left at least a few guns in the attic.

I was thinking, I would be tearing that attic apart.

Anybody ever find a gun like that?

So I was at my wife's family's house for the holidays and her dad shows me a old CZ 38 made in the czech republic supposedly for german ww2 pilots. In great condition.
He's lived in the house for over 35 years and just found it last year in the attic. And a few years ago some guy pulled in his drive way and said he knew the old guy that lived there before and said he left at least a few guns in the attic.

I was thinking, I would be tearing that attic apart.

Anybody ever find a gun like that?

did you ask him if you could look for the other ones?

I had a few people who had relatives die and brought in guns that they didn't want and just wanted to off them for some cash because they were "bad guns" usually it was useless crap but I did see a few war II bringbacks - one MP40 - told them that unless they could find the paperwork that I had no interest and that they might do research to find out if the prior owner had filed war trophy papers. a few months later the guy brought the gun back chopped in half and asked if I could properly dispose of it for him. He said that it had been in a dead space in the wall behind a book case. It was a pity to see such a nice gun chopped up like that but better than illegally buying an unregistered class III item purely for the parts set and getting popped in a sting.

I had a few people who had relatives die and brought in guns that they didn't want and just wanted to off them for some cash because they were "bad guns" usually it was useless crap but I did see a few war II bringbacks - one MP40 - told them that unless they could find the paperwork that I had no interest and that they might do research to find out if the prior owner had filed war trophy papers. a few months later the guy brought the gun back chopped in half and asked if I could properly dispose of it for him. He said that it had been in a dead space in the wall behind a book case. It was a pity to see such a nice gun chopped up like that but better than illegally buying an unregistered class III item purely for the parts set and getting popped in a sting.

I don't think I could have done that. maybe bury it in an airtight case somewhere.

I don't think I could have done that. maybe bury it in an airtight case somewhere.

I didn't chop it up the guy who found it did - the parts found a nice home with a guy in AZ that said he had one at home that he had brought back from war II and wanted a spare parts set. I wonder if he really wanted it for spare parts or to build up a second one as a shooter.

Guy I worked with
So Dan's niece is getting married.He's busy and asks his brother from out of town to take their aunts to church.
He says sure.
They get back to the house and one of the 80yo aunts ask him to get rid of an old gun,throw it away.
Sure.They show it to him.
An old SSA in a sock,been there for decades
"Can I have it instead?"
Just get it out of the house.

He tells Dan he'll take the aunts to church anytime :D

When i was remodeling my house built in 1914, 18 years ago, in the wall cavity in the attic was a Remington hammerless pump action 22lr. The stock was in bad shape but otherwise the rifle was in very good shape. No rust or big dings on the metal. Put a new stock on it and use it quite a bit when i am messing around in the woods. :)

No guns, but was helping a freind with a remodel and inbetween the SR and studs found an old Octagon steel fishing pole and working reel. With a little oil I was able to use the old knuclebuster shad fishing. What a kick!!

I had a buddy back in the 1980's who was helping remodel a house into a Buddhist temple in Honolulu. Way in the back of the attic was a big paper bag. He took the trouble to fetch it, and found that it was full of money! $10,000 in that big ole'-fashinoned 4"X7" pre-war currency! They guessed that a resident hid his savings when WWII broke out, and never made it back home. The Buddhists felt very blessed, and used the money to hire my friend to put a whole new roof on the place.........................elsullo :D

I was doing some repairs on an old house that Dad and I owned as a rental, I opened a wall in a closet to run new wiring, found a sliding panel that went into the adjacent linen closet. I went to the linen closet and had to cut some wallpaper to get the panel to move...found a small rack in the double thickness of wall with an old Mauser K98, a Gew-41 an OLD Winchester Model 12 trench gun, a Kar-43 and a Tokarev SVT, all but the shotgun with vintage scopes.

When Mom got cancer, Dad sold them to collectors, with out asking me first to help pay Mom's medical bills...i'd have matched the prices for that pile of history.

My mom and dad bought a house in Redmond in 1981 and while my dad was cleaning out the attic found an old rifle. He called me to come and take a look at it and it turned out to be an old SMLE .303 British. Unfortunately someone had attempted to 'Sporterize' it and thoroughly Bubbed it up in that they had attempted to re-shape the stock and it looked like they drilled and tapped their own scope base holes that did not line up.

My dad was a contractor in the 80's and we tore down many old houses and found many cool things like jars/bags full of silver coins, jewelry & paper money as well as guns. I still have a 16ga Stevens that I found.

How did the contractor feel he deserved anything?
It wasn't his house,how could he have a claim to the money?
He shouldn't have even opened the boxes if he was "raised that way"

How did the contractor feel he deserved anything?
It wasn't his house,how could he have a claim to the money?
He shouldn't have even opened the boxes if he was "raised that way"

Don't know he was a jerk. I think he said she wouldn't have found it without him opening the wall, and he could have just kept it and not told her about it. Maybe he offered to split it with her and she wanted it all. Either way the guys a jerk. I think they ended up spending a bunch of money then in the fight over it they found the person's family who it belong to and they got the rest.
I have a friend that does home remodeling and he says him and his dad found some small stuff in houses before, but it belongs to the owner of the house whether they knew it was there or not. Some people just have no morals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top