JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got back from the home range to do a test firing. Notes:

• I shot up a 20-round box of Federal, 300-Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP).
  • No malfunctions of any kind.
  • Using the peep-sights, it was plenty accurate at the short range I shot.
  • I shot mainly bowling pins. This cartridge sent them flying. Shots to the top portion of them totally vaporized said.
  • The large muzzle device seem to work well enough.
  • Recoil is stout, for sure, but not painful.
Conclusions/plans:

• Though a beautifully made rifle, my gut says I don't think this one is for me. Recoil is a little too much and the Ruger 77/44 does everything I want in a light bolt-action.
  • I'll be listing this one for sale tomorrow on Gunbroker or NWFA. (The rifle is here at the house, but the box, accessories, et al., are at my office, so the pictures will have to wait until then.)
  • Once the bulk ammo arrives, that too will be sold.
  • I'll return the spare magazine on the way.
  • I'm hanging on to, and suppressing, the aforementioned 77/44.
Cheers.

I just got back from the home range to do a test firing. Notes:

• I shot up a 20-round box of Federal, 300-Grain, Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP).
  • No malfunctions of any kind.
  • Using the peep-sights, it was plenty accurate at the short range I shot.
  • I shot mainly bowling pins. This cartridge sent them flying. Shots to the top portion of them totally vaporized said.
  • The large muzzle device seem to work well enough.
  • Recoil is stout, for sure, but not painful.
Conclusions/plans:

• Though a beautifully made rifle, my gut says I don't think this one is for me. Recoil is a little too much and the Ruger 77/44 does everything I want in a light bolt-action.
  • I'll be listing this one for sale tomorrow on Gunbroker or NWFA. (The rifle is here at the house, but the box, accessories, et al., are at my office, so the pictures will have to wait until then.)
  • Once the bulk ammo arrives, that too will be sold.
  • I'll return the spare magazine on the way.
  • I'm hanging on to, and suppressing, the aforementioned 77/44.
Cheers.
Let me know what you want for the whole shebang. Not saying I necessarily can afford it right now but I might, and have. Been having wacky thoughts about a big bore bolt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top