JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We don't necessarily get the govt. we vote for these days. The corruption is rampant, and only a small portion of it is being realized.

We get the government that is paid for by lobbyists, and special interests. Corruption is rampant, and it starts at the smallest levels of governments in city councils, school boards and the administrations that work for them, and goes on up from there. See the State of Oregon for an example. These governments are managed for the benefit of the salaried individuals that are employed by them, and control of these kingdoms and fiefdoms is their highest priority.

Projects put on hold or canceled meant I had to leave my then pregnant wife and live in my pickup 400 miles away to find work.

That was my first real lesson about what a politician can do to screw up a life. I always vote to hold them accountable.

Were any of those politicians that made those decisions forced to live in their pickups 400 miles from home ?

Likely not, therefore they dodge the accountability part of that. Politicians dodge responsibility for everything they do. That is why some of the biggest dipshots around are politicians. Too fing stupid to do anything else.

I was right there with you in that time frame, living in a camper in an RV park in Vegas building golf courses to keep the bills paid.

F the Russkies. They are no better than the average American consumer. Currency is devalued and what do they do??..They run out and stock up on electronics and household goods. Maybe they could crack a history book and see when people are lining up that way for food with worthless fiat currency what really happens.

You you are right the first thing Americans would do is go buy new I phones and tablets, and I tunes downloads and the hell with food or supplies. Just what I would do, go spend my devalued currency on a 50 inch TV and see if I could trade it for a couple dozen eggs 6 months from now. :eek::eek:

You guys should be happy to see what the Russians are doing so you can learn. No doubt about it the same thing is headed this way. Globalism at work here, understanding it is key to survival.

And people continue to support the people that write and support these bills. Makes it hard to sleep at night to know my grandkids will be paying for these mistakes for years to come. Why does a public service employee get more rights than a private sector employee? It's a persons choice for their career path. Hell get the loans paid off and then go make some money, what a joke.

Then add the so called cruel tactics used after 9/11 to make the suspects talk. The mastermind was waterboarded multiple times and laughed at his captors. He killed 3,000 americans and has no rights in my mind. The fact he is still alive and our tax dollars are paying for his meals and bed is a travesty. All of those guys associated with the name terror need to be terminated. One of their groups just killed 130 children in the name of their religion but our congress is busy mulling over reports of harsh tactics.

Sad commentary!!

Financial survival requires you to have something of value that someone is willing to trade or pay for, hopefully this value is something you can create or duplicate at a margin that makes it worth your time. The most obvious and oldest is sex, the less obvious ones will shake out as the economy slowly implodes. I know some folks who trade with a farmer for a farm share. The underground economy will really end up being key. I traded off a stash of .22lr for some landscape design work, and a little more for some auto repair I didnt have time for, and now the stuff is starting to come around again, buy low sell high.

I have been on this board for quite a while and the whole time people have been crying economic disaster, yet none. To me it seems like chicken little antics to me. If this economic disaster is coming when can I expect to see it?

I have been on this board for quite a while and the whole time people have been crying economic disaster, yet none. To me it seems like chicken little antics to me. If this economic disaster is coming when can I expect to see it?
I got into prepping about 40 years ago when Mel Tappan was prophesying imminent and inevitable financial disaster.

Hasn't happened yet.

Whenever I point that out, there is always some true believer who replies with "but this time it is different".

I've been through a lot of ups and downs with regards to the economy and personal finances, but I haven't seen a true disaster yet - except on the personal level. The housing crash was the most severe one, IMO, I have seen with regards to depth and breadth in the US economy. Unemployment is still not recovering well because every time jobs open up, there are people who rejoin the workforce who have not been actively looking for work.

Then there are the people who went off unemployment and went on disability:

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/unfit-for-work.180673/

We have a ways to go yet before we are back to "normal", much less a true growing economy.

IMO, all that pales in significance compared to climate change, population growth and all of the ramifications of those and related issues. Those things are long term and they are getting worse, not better.

How do you aquire property without some debt? Dont know anyone thats willing to leave me property.

I believe Mongo is referring to personal or consumer debt. This would include car payments, credit card payments, second mortgages. Pretty much everyone has to go into debt to buy property,and if done properly it will work out fine. When you start piling $ 600 a month car payments and credit card debt for big screen TV's, you are compromising your ability toe be come financially independent.

If you only have a mortgage for debt, you can service that debt easily, and can accelerate the retirement of that debt by making additional payments specifically directed towards principle reduction. The old guidelines for mortgage allows a person or couple to have about 28% of their income directed to a house payment. With out personal debt, you could easily add 5% more of that and be mortgage free in a 15 year time span.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top