JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's official, my 1936 Luger and 1942 P-38 are a little less lonely. Been on the hunt for a tangent sight gp35/Hi-Power for a while and I finally snagged one! Seen some with cleaner finishes but Im happy with the price, prob will keep any eye out for more though ;)

gp35.jpg gp35_1.jpg

Last Edited:
Very cool piece of WWII history, congratulations. Where those made in Belgium after the Germans overran the factory? I can't remember what the story was.

My 1911A1 shares a stable with a '45 P-38 (ac) and '36 P-08 (byf).

Very cool piece of WWII history, congratulations. Where those made in Belgium after the Germans overran the factory? I can't remember what the story was.

My 1911A1 shares a stable with a '45 P-38 (ac) and '36 P-08 (byf).

Yeap, went into production in the FN factory in 1935, hence the GP35 designation. As soon as the Germans took Belgium they continued production in the FN factories and started stamping Waffenamt's on these. Early war production (1941ish) still had the tangent rear sight and later production had standard military type 1911 sights and were supposedly more prone to sabotage....considering these were all manufactured under slave labor essentially.

That's awesome, hopefully I will be able to add one to my collection some day, but for now it's a 1916 Luger, a P-38 cyq, and a sauher 38 h with African elephant ivory grips.

3D45752A-3DC2-40D6-8B37-495787DC1061.jpeg 17BCA1C3-BF4C-43B3-86D5-36A1C17C7CE9.png E1881D7E-13AE-4B14-8A13-C03E1D2C8F3C.jpeg

As soon as the Germans took Belgium they continued production in the FN factories and started stamping Waffenamt's on these.

Good enough for the Belgian Army, good enough for the German Army.

Both Ford and General Motors built military vehicles for both the US and German Armies. Business knows no loyalties.

Good enough for the Belgian Army, good enough for the German Army.

Both Ford and General Motors built military vehicles for both the US and German Armies. Business knows no loyalties.

Well I mean...they continued manufacture by forced labor so probably a little different here.

Very nice pistol congratulations. But you didn't win anything. What you did was pay more then anyone else never understood why this would be considered winning.

Well I mean...they continued manufacture by forced labor so probably a little different here.

In the case of FN, the plant was seized by the German military. Technicians were brought in from Mauser and DWM to manage the plant, along with some German workers. Who were making money on the deal. Not so the forced laborers who made up the rest of the work compliment.

In the case of German Ford and GM (Opel), these enterprises were never nationalized by the German government. The parent companies in the US didn't want to lose their investments so they went along and got along. After the war, Ford claimed they had no contact with German Ford after Dec. 1941 but that has been proven via documentation to be untrue as there were clandestine management meetings in neutral countries. Both German Ford and GM used scads of forced laborers. A class action lawsuit brought in the 1990's stated that Ford Werke AG "...was an eager, aggressive and successful bidder for forced laborers." And why wouldn't they be, since it relieved them from the necessity of paying wages to these workers. I assume the same scenario for Adam Opel, AG.

After the war, both German Ford and GM applied to the US Government for and received millions of dollars for bomb damage done to their European subsidiary properties.

Awesome highpower! I just had a terrible thought: you COULD pull rear sight and put in an Aluminum Chinese "Mauser" scope mount. Then mount a laser sight on it, hahaha. But great gun if you dont!

Awesome highpower! I just had a terrible thought: you COULD pull rear sight and put in an Aluminum Chinese "Mauser" scope mount. Then mount a laser sight on it, hahaha. But great gun if you dont!
Haha maybe so, I actually have yet to even shoot my Luger, p38, or Highpower 🙄

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads