JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The wifey got me the Lee Anniversary Kit for Xmas, and I've finished getting everything else needed to start reloading. Got everything setup today and loaded my first 20 rounds of 6.8mm SPC.

It's not much of a setup, but you use what you've got, and I'll improve my setup as time goes on.

case prep
CasePrep.jpg

press and powder
PressPowder.jpg

My first 20 rounds...unfortunately I forgot to get a bullet puller. Something I seriously need as my first few rounds were loaded too deep.
LoadedRounds.jpg

Thats what I started reloading with. Its a good started kit. I would recommend getting a set of dial calipers to measure length and a Possum Hollow case trimmer if you'll be doing a lot of cases......or just a few. Its a kick *** little case trimmer when put in a drill.

A great kit. Even if you "improve" your setup, hang on to the press, measure, and scale. Great for load workup at the range.

BTW: Post a picture of your bench same time this next year. Let's see if it's still as clear and neat;)

The wifey got me the Lee Anniversary Kit for Xmas, and I've finished getting everything else needed to start reloading. Got everything setup today and loaded my first 20 rounds of 6.8mm SPC.

It's not much of a setup, but you use what you've got, and I'll improve my setup as time goes on.

Another reloading monster has been created! Good for you. I started with the same stuff and once that reloading monster got hold of me it forced me to get more and more stuff. Can almost garauntee you will upgrade some stuff and expand your capabilities within a year.

I'd use that trigger as a bullet puller and worry about it on the next loads.

It gets more fun as you do more and learn more,become more confident. I only lasted a couple months before I bought a progressive press to expedite things a bit.

It gets more fun as you do more and learn more,become more confident. I only lasted a couple months before I bought a progressive press to expedite things a bit.

I may have lasted 6 weeks before picking up a Turret press, but I'm glad I started (and still use to work up test loads) on a solid single stage press. Tha chair does look comfy.

I'm hoping to get out Friday or Saturday, but it all depends on the weather. The rain doesn't bother me, but I'm worried about too much wind for comparing the accuracy of my loads. Whenever I can get to the range, I've got 300 rounds to test for my 6.8mm SPC.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top