Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Finally purchased a Gen 4 G19 and now...

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by UA8, Feb 13, 2011.

1. UA8

UA8 Snohomish County New Member

So the store in my area finally got a G19 Gen 4 in stock this week and I promptly headed out this afternoon to pick it up. All said and done I am now the owner of a new Glock. I was quite excited to go shooting on Sunday till I found out that I live in a lovely state with a 5 day waiting period (WA), this irritated me quite a bit, however that said it was more my fault because if I hadn't procrastinated so badly about going in and filing the paperwork for my cpl I would have had my cpl and could have left with the pistol today instead. Oh well it's just 5 more days.

That said I need some suggestions on some gear to go along with the new G19. I will mainly be using it for CC when possible. I'm fairly certain I have decided on a Crossbreed Supertuck for my CC holster but need recommendations on and OWB holster for when I go shooting and don't need or want to conceal. I am aware that I need to put in significant practice time with CC holster and will be doing so. So what do you folks use and or like.

In addition is there any other gear, pd ammunition, aftermarket parts etc. that you have and really like for your Gen 4 or 3 G19s. Really look forward to hearing from you guys and starting to gather up my gear for my new pistol.

Josh

2. If you ever make it down to the Vancouver area, you can have my Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for $10. I have two so I don't need this one. I also use a Supertuck, such a great holster.

3. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Congratz on the new pistola. I would suggest researching the Glock trigger reset if you don't already know how. The only real accessory a Glock needs is ammo :) enjoy

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Second vote here for a Crossbreed Supertuck, and this is coming from someone with hundreds of dollars in gear from high end makers such as Milt Sparks. Just be sure you invest in a quality belt.

5. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Pick-up some spare mags.

6. Glock137

Glock137 Camas, Washinton Member

That is a good deal for the Blackhawk Serpa. I just paid $39 on sale.