Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Finally out of CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gimpyhunter, Jun 4, 2013.

1. gimpyhunter

gimpyhunter K-Falls Oregon Member

Born and raised in CA. Went from being a great state in the 50s to the unrecognizable joke it is now. For the first time in years, all my collection of guns and equipment are again fully legal.

Most interesting differences?

1. Been here since December and we've had 2 killings, none by LEOs. I repeat, none by officers. (remember, I'm from CA)

2. Private party gun for sale in the newspaper and the ability to carry concealed.

The happiest day since December? Replacing my CA license plates.

GOG, accessbob, MTpockets and 9 others like this.
  2. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Welcome to Oregon brother...

3. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Although don't get too excited just yet. The Oregon Legislature might pull a fast one on us and we may end up with a bit of the Kalifornication laid upon us.

4. gimpyhunter

We get what we ask for when it comes to our elected officials. They no longer fear the voters.

I'm 62 now and most of my time to make a difference is over. What we need is mandatory voting so we can represent ourselves. Party's protect and promote their own agendas. I trusted that our elected officials would do right by us. I've learned in 62 years, I know that the neighbor I don't even know yet is far more trustworthy than any politician. It doesn't matter what color state. Follow the money.

Locally, now our local politicians don't even have to admit to which party they belong. But they can tell you everything you did and everything you bought from one day to the next. They can tell how everyone voted. I still remember "them" telling me how my vote is secret.

5. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

gimpyhunter
    - We lived in the best of times, silver money, credit cards were rare no debit or credit tracking hour by hour. Letting off a bit of steam was not considered a felony. A full tank of gas was less than an hours wages for most and for some a bit more. After the car was full and the rent was paid you still had grocery money and enough more to keep the cooler full till the next weeks pay came in. The wife could stay home and properly raise the children. Now that was America! Remember - ? your social security number is PRIVATE INFORMATION and not to be used for identification. Stamped right on the back.
    They are coming fast and hard breaking down the constitution doesn't matter to these people in government today. Money drives the country these days with it they can do as they wish with our lives and laugh about us wile they do it.
    Enjoy what is left of Oregon, it is nothing like the State I came to when I was a young family man.
    Silver Hand

6. gimpyhunter

I hear you my friend.

I recently picked up my little Honda Generator from Big R from repairs. Stood at the counter for about 5 minutes while the guy put everything in the computer. We are both about the same age so we got to laughing. Remember how computers were going to simplify our lives? I asked if he remembered when we brought in our equipment without paperwork or deposits. When we picked them up we handed them the money and they handed us a paper receipt. Now I stand there while they transfer everything into the computer from the worksheet. 5 minutes of standing for 20 seconds of paying.

7. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard:thumbup:

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the site! Remember when a little fist fight wasn't murder, and when murder was?