JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love to pheasant hunt. In fact, I like it so much I take customers to S. Dakota every year where limits are easy to obtain. I've had a Winchester 1300 12g forever & the old pump does kill pheasants but I've been wanting a better shotgun.

After much research & study I narrowed my choices to three guns. Browning A5, Beretta A400. or a Benelli Ethos. I decided on these three after the internet research & shouldering the guns.
The shotgun decision has driven my wife crazy. I've spent my nights researching & my days hitting the stores & feeling the guns.

Today. I bought a Beretta A400. I found a great deal at Garner's in Pendelton.
I'll report on my impressions of the shotgun after I fire it. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers!

xPlorer with Gun Pod.

Actually, I was wrong. There are 5 different models of the Beretta A400. Two of them have the Gun Pod feature available standard with the shotgun. Sounds like you must have bought the A400 Xplor Action model?

The gun pod can also be purchased separately for $215, and added to a A400 that has a compatible stock. But your gun came with it already installed, right?

The A400 Xplor Action is by far the best looking of all of the A400 models. It is the one that I would get if I was to buy a A400.

94A400.JPG

I don't need any more autoloading shotguns, though. I already have quite a collection of high grade guns: two Beretta 390 Deluxes, two Beretta 391 Gold editions, a Beretta Extrema 2, and a Browning Auto-5.

Here is a photo of my two 390 Deluxes on the left, and my two 391 Gold editions on the right:

Beretta and Browning make the best autoloading shotguns, in my opinion. Everything else is inferior, in my opinion.

beretta390b_zpsb647712a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have an Action.

I like Browning & Beretta also. I almost bought an A5. I really liked the way it shouldered. I hope to shoot the A400 this Saturday on some clays.

In a few weeks I'll take some clients to South Dakota for a real trial on real birds. I can't hardly wait.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top