JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
it took almost a year, but I finally found an auto scrapper to take our old Dodge target van off the property
had Clark County Sheriff inspect it for VIN number, (7.62x39 scare on VIN plate) then got a Washington salvage title
on the form, it ask for one to fill in damage - we had fun with that one
7.62x39 holes through windshield and dashboard - .45 holes through both front doors - burns from 12 ga Drangon's breath on front seats - 12 ga buckshot through rear doors
anyway, a scrapper came out and looked at it yesterday and fell in LOVE
he's putting it in his parking lot in Vancouver as a display

Dodge Van.jpg

Is that a building right behind it? :eek:
Trust all of the shooting was done pre-building. :rolleyes:

Needed a sign that says, "Porch Package Snatcher." :s0093:
yes, that's the new neighbors new workshop - just 3 years old
and they are running cattle on the property now - no more shooting in that direction
but he build a shooting berm for us with a 100 yrd range
we had over 20 years of fun shooting that van - it leaves the property today

it took almost a year, but I finally found an auto scrapper to take our old Dodge target van off the property
had Clark County Sheriff inspect it for VIN number, (7.62x39 scare on VIN plate) then got a Washington salvage title
on the form, it ask for one to fill in damage - we had fun with that one
7.62x39 holes through windshield and dashboard - .45 holes through both front doors - burns from 12 ga Drangon's breath on front seats - 12 ga buckshot through rear doors
anyway, a scrapper came out and looked at it yesterday and fell in LOVE
he's putting it in his parking lot in Vancouver as a display

View attachment 1248047
Looks like National Lampoon's Compton Vacation.

I have one of those too, I just drug it out from behind my back stop and will haul it off next month when the weather cools down. At lest we know what Dodges are good for. LOL

The last rig we shot up was a 76 Vega

20220728_102105.jpg

Almost 50 years ago, I knew a fellow from Boise, ID that had a Schmeisser MP-40. He and several buddies who had NFA weapons would buy an running junker, take it out in the desert and lay out a huge tarp to catch the empty brass for reloading.

Once set up, they would tie the steering wheel over so the car would make circles, start the engine and put it in low gear. It would circle out there while they shot at it. One spoilsport had a Lahti 20MM antitank gun, and a hit from that would kill the engine and make the car a static target.

Once they ran out of ammunition, they would lift the edges of the tarp and bunch the empties in the middle, where they would use a scoop shovel to load them into containers. Later, they would sort the brass, which took quite a bit of time, and make reloads until the next outing.

Almost 50 years ago, I knew a fellow from Boise, ID that had a Schmeisser MP-40. He and several buddies who had NFA weapons would buy an running junker, take it out in the desert and lay out a huge tarp to catch the empty brass for reloading.

Once set up, they would tie the steering wheel over so the car would make circles, start the engine and put it in low gear. It would circle out there while they shot at it. One spoilsport had a Lahti 20MM antitank gun, and a hit from that would kill the engine and make the car a static target.

Once they ran out of ammunition, they would lift the edges of the tarp and bunch the empties in the middle, where they would use a scoop shovel to load them into containers. Later, they would sort the brass, which took quite a bit of time, and make reloads until the next outing.
Now that's responsible shooting and very thought forward reloading practices. I bet they had so much fun back in the day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top