JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok,
I've lived in and out of Portland, OR for the last 5 years. I finally finished college after doing a stint in the Marines pre-Desert Storm II. I used to live in Washington state on the Olympic Peninsula (where I grew up) and in Seattle for a short time (cumulative of about 2 years, the place is a rat race). Married, with a son that I can't wait to get behind a Ruger 10/22 in another year. Any suggestions for a first gun for my son to shoot? My dad had me shoot his Kentucky Rifle, he probably a 1/2 load. But for a 5 yr old that was quite a bit. I love to get out shooting in the country and I'm getting into hunting and fishing again. I love this forum because it is good to stick together. Two ropes are stronger than one.

I bought a TOZ 78-01 about a 1.5 yrs ago and put a Swift 3-12x40 AO on it, it will shoot under .5" at 50yds with CCI blazer, this rifle has a trigger group that is adjustable for lbs of pull and travel. The gun new cost me $129+BC I'm very pleased with this gun. I have a Ruger 10/22 and I would take the TOZ over it any day.

Good starter gun for kids. NEF Sportster. Mine's in 17HMR.

17HMR.jpg

NEF makes several different models. A couple are just for kids.
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/sportster.asp

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top