JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok,
I've lived in and out of Portland, OR for the last 5 years. I finally finished college after doing a stint in the Marines pre-Desert Storm II. I used to live in Washington state on the Olympic Peninsula (where I grew up) and in Seattle for a short time (cumulative of about 2 years, the place is a rat race). Married, with a son that I can't wait to get behind a Ruger 10/22 in another year. Any suggestions for a first gun for my son to shoot? My dad had me shoot his Kentucky Rifle, he probably a 1/2 load. But for a 5 yr old that was quite a bit. I love to get out shooting in the country and I'm getting into hunting and fishing again. I love this forum because it is good to stick together. Two ropes are stronger than one.

I bought a TOZ 78-01 about a 1.5 yrs ago and put a Swift 3-12x40 AO on it, it will shoot under .5" at 50yds with CCI blazer, this rifle has a trigger group that is adjustable for lbs of pull and travel. The gun new cost me $129+BC I'm very pleased with this gun. I have a Ruger 10/22 and I would take the TOZ over it any day.

Good starter gun for kids. NEF Sportster. Mine's in 17HMR.

17HMR.jpg

NEF makes several different models. A couple are just for kids.
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/sportster.asp

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads