JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have tried a bunch, but the Instapark 10 watt is the only one that actually puts out close to 10 watts at 2 amps and some how is the cheapest of the bunch.

Granted it needs actual sunlight, over cast won't work all that well, but so far it has charged my Garmin Rino, cell phone, GMRS radio, 6000mAH and various battery packs, and even my Nexus 7 tablet. Around noon time with a full sun, it will output as well as a 2A charger.

<broken link removed>

http://goo.gl/TdJFE

Can't wait to try it out in the Steens, so far it has proven to be a must have.

I got one of those for my wife (She's constantly talking about "Off the grid". Only cost justification is not there.

We would have to charge out iPads, Phones and other USB char gables 1.4 million times to pay back the cost of the unit.

I got one of those for my wife (She's constantly talking about "Off the grid". Only cost justification is not there.

We would have to charge out iPads, Phones and other USB char gables 1.4 million times to pay back the cost of the unit.

I've heard pretty good things from this unit and company. Saw a couple bikers who had this unit strapped onto backpacks while riding and they say that it charged phones in a couple hours. This unit charges batteries also that can then be used for GPS or ??

REI Goal Zero brand Guide 10 + (sorry, couldn't post link from here)

I looked at the Goal Zero first, but it didn't put out the output I needed. The one I posted has the output to charge my devices that need 2A.

Depending on what the power demands are you could pick up a briefcase panel from Harbor Freight. They're only good for a nominal 13W which would be a losing proposition if you were using it to charge a battery to drive an inverter for a laptop. But if your power demands are less: charging a battery to power a LED lantern at night, or using the battery to charge smaller devices, it should be OK.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top