JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HAA. Ha, ha, haa, ha ,haaaa! Take that you inconsiderate, ignorant, rude jerks.

Police officers pose as construction workers to catch distracted drivers

Now if they'll start issuing tickets for failure to signal too? Right of way rules need to be taught to drivers. And, somehow, get it through these moron drivers heads that the flashing arrow means you CAN turn left when safe to do so!

EDIT: CRAP! "Marietta GA." Crap. Wifey read it to me and didn't mention where it was. Crap! They couldn't do that here. They wouldn't want to hurt the snowflakes feelings.:(

Oh, a year or so ago, I got run off the road by a texting driver - I would like to see 30 days in the county jail when caught doing this and a 12 months in county jail for a second offense and 2 years in the state pen for a 3rd offense and while speaking of snowflakes, read "Panic Attack by Robby Soave.

Snowflakes are worse than any of us grownups ever imagined...they are mired in crazy...demanding ludicrous changes in language to accommodate trannys cuz if we use real pronouns tranny snowflakes get all butt hurt. There's a lot more lunacy, but there's just one example...

One related article below mentions the truck driver crossed the double yellow, overcompensated and tail-whipped the riders

7 Motorcyclists Killed In Randolph, NH Crash Identified

It would be terrible to find out he was texting.

Yeah? And what then? Tell people that they shouldn't play with their GD phone when they're behind the wheel? Maybe a law? With no teeth? Yeah, that's it.

I'm always thinking, when I'm listening to the radio of the accidents backing traffic up every day, that they are caused by distracted driving. I mean, how the hell hard is it to drive in a straight line on a 3/4 lane paved road without hitting someone? IF YOUR PAYING ATTENTION TO OTHERS AROUND YOU!?

Living in PDX, with the traffic/drivers here really sets me off.

Sounds like you've been triggered, proceed to your safe space!:D
PDX traffic used to trigger me as well. So now, during the week, I drive where the traffic is...not so bad :D

C0AC1B83-1D4A-45A6-B403-5E565A284C10.jpeg

PDX traffic used to trigger me as well. So now, during the week, I drive where the traffic is...not so bad :D

View attachment 593797

That sure is pretty...Now. What's it like there in January? I like Idaho. It's a beautiful place. But so are a lot of places in the spring and early summer.:rolleyes: Winter? I don't do winter where the temps are regularly below freezing. Been there, not going back. A shame I suppose.

That sure is pretty...Now. What's it like there in January? I like Idaho. It's a beautiful place. But so are a lot of places in the spring and early summer.:rolleyes: Winter? I don't do winter where the temps are regularly below freezing. Been there, not going back. A shame I suppose.
It is:
  1. Extremely dangerous
  2. Penguin freezing cold
  3. Wild beasts lurking
  4. Completely full

It is:
  1. Extremely dangerous
  2. Penguin freezing cold
  3. Wild beasts lurking
  4. Completely full

Yeah, right. Being born and living in the Salt Lake Valley for 27 years our playgrounds were from Southern Utah North into Montana Ideeho and Wyoming. I've fished many of the lakes/rivers and traveled all criss/cross those states. But I guess I don't really? It's been thirty years. Maybe the place is full of dicks these days. ;)

One related article below mentions the truck driver crossed the double yellow, overcompensated and tail-whipped the riders

7 Motorcyclists Killed In Randolph, NH Crash Identified

It would be terrible to find out he was texting.

Read just now that they went and arrested him in his home state on 7 counts of killing those riders. Story was of course short on info as to why. I am sure they did get a warrant check his phone records, although they don't yet say if this is why they decided to arrest. Said he was suspected of drunk driving in the past. That too made me wonder, what does suspected mean? Did he test showing he was drunk and then not get charged? Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Yeah? And what then? Tell people that they shouldn't play with their GD phone when they're behind the wheel? Maybe a law? With no teeth? Yeah, that's it.

I'm always thinking, when I'm listening to the radio of the accidents backing traffic up every day, that they are caused by distracted driving. I mean, how the hell hard is it to drive in a straight line on a 3/4 lane paved road without hitting someone? IF YOUR PAYING ATTENTION TO OTHERS AROUND YOU!?

Living in PDX, with the traffic/drivers here really sets me off.

As with so many things it's mostly a lack of pain. They can pass laws till cows come. If it does not cause pain many will ignore. I still see an amazing number of people driving along with phone to ear, bad enough. Far worse is the people you look over and see they looking at their lap. Means they have the damn thing texting. It is so common because when one gets into a jam they are seldom really hurt. It should be treated like drunk driving. If they really hammered the drivers many would learn to wait till they were not driving to text their friends.

My anecdotal observations say that about 35% of all drivers are looking at their phones on any given day. People just flat do not give a sh*t about others safety as long as the phone is within reach.

Side note, one of those impatient 30 something male drivers passed in a no passing zone up on Hwy 22 yesterday outside of Gates, struck two vehicles, sent 3 people to the hospital and killed one. He and his passengers walked away. Something tells me he is probably going to get charged with manslaughter.

This is a problem that will probably never go away even if attorneys figure out how to get huge civil settlements, and the DA's actually are able to prosecute somebody. Cell phones are a curse on this society.

My anecdotal observations say that about 35% of all drivers are looking at their phones on any given day. People just flat do not give a sh*t about others safety as long as the phone is within reach.

Side note, one of those impatient 30 something male drivers passed in a no passing zone up on Hwy 22 yesterday outside of Gates, struck two vehicles, sent 3 people to the hospital and killed one. He and his passengers walked away. Something tells me he is probably going to get charged with manslaughter.

This is a problem that will probably never go away even if attorneys figure out how to get huge civil settlements, and the DA's actually are able to prosecute somebody. Cell phones are a curse on this society.

My anecdotal observations indicate 20%, 1 in 5 drivers on the roads, non-interstate, have no concept of, or refuse, to operate their vehicle according to basic rules of the road and driver responsibility. Some days/places I'm SURE there could be 35% though. I can't conceive drivers being okay with no on in front of them and having 3-5, or more, cars behind them going 10 miles under the speed limit.

Cell phones are a wonderful thing. What I have a hard time understanding is how so many people don't take their responsibility behind the wheel more seriously?

Street cops stop drivers all the time for not wearing seat belts.

They could do the same when they see distracted drivers putting everyone on the road lives at risk while pinheads selfishly text while driving completely oblivious to the danger for themselves and others on the road.

Most of us gun folk don't want new laws....until we lose a loved one or get injured ourselves due to some pinhead addicted to his/her phone, can't stay off it, remains distracted until they crash into the innocent drivers or even pedestrians.

New technology means a few new laws to keep the pinheads from sowing mayhem due to their addiction.

There was a small car with a moon roof running next to me on I5 one day I looked down and the gal was driving with her knees up on the wheel both hands off the wheel texting. At 70 mph.

I'm from Reno. I drove like a Californian because they were everywhere. People say California type driving is bad driving. I wholeheartedly disagree. Offensive driving is way better than the Oregon defensive driving. It took me a very very long time, and I'm still not 100%, to get used to the way folks drive up here.

Till this day I have no freaking clue why no one looks at the freeway to gauge traffic while entering via an on-ramp. It's as if they believe the gods will divide traffic and let them in. Of coarse that's the truth as some Oregon idiot will come to a complete stop on the freeway to let the idiot in.

Don't even get me started on cell phones. I honk at then every time I see one staring at their crouch. No one needs to stare at his or her downstairs while driving. I hate to say I've likely will cause an accident honking at these idiots as the honk usually scares the crap out of them and they overcorrect their steering a lot due to the sudden honk.

I guess even honking at people is considered offensive in Oregon, well they still put them in cars so I'm going to continue using mine.

I'm from Reno. I drove like a Californian because they were everywhere. People say California type driving is bad driving. I wholeheartedly disagree. Offensive driving is way better than the Oregon defensive driving. It took me a very very long time, and I'm still not 100%, to get used to the way folks drive up here.

Till this day I have no freaking clue why no one looks at the freeway to gauge traffic while entering via an on-ramp. It's as if they believe the gods will divide traffic and let them in. Of coarse that's the truth as some Oregon idiot will come to a complete stop on the freeway to let the idiot in.

Don't even get me started on cell phones. I honk at then every time I see one staring at their crouch. No one needs to stare at his or her downstairs while driving. I hate to say I've likely will cause an accident honking at these idiots as the honk usually scares the crap out of them and they overcorrect their steering a lot due to the sudden honk.

I guess even honking at people is considered offensive in Oregon, well they still put them in cars so I'm going to continue using mine.

Aggressive merging might offend someone lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads