JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I figured out a way to carry concealed on the trail while wearing a backpack. I found this little gem at REI on accident today that fits around the hip band of a backpack. It is the best solution I've found to have a firearm readily accessible. It also alleviates the problem of waistband holsters, shoulder holsters or fanny packs that get in the way of the hip band of your backpack. You can even slip it off and use it as a fanny pack if you want to leave your large pack. That is a 4" Kimber 1911 for size comparison sake.

952877e9-927d-42ff-9a16-912d6e9c63c2.jpg

just out of curiosity, why conceal when hiking? i don't hike as regularly as i used to, but i always open carried, and often carried a carbine, when hiking. since there's wild animals- both 2 and 4 legged kind- in the woods, i've never thought that was unusual or inappropriate.

The <broken link removed> can be a good option too for hiking with a pack. It has a big enough belt slot that it will fit over a full size pack waistbelt and you can just move it to your belt when you put the pack down. With all your camping gear and pack etc. it just looks like a map pouch or something.

The <broken link removed> can be a good option too for hiking with a pack. It has a big enough belt slot that it will fit over a full size pack waistbelt and you can just move it to your belt when you put the pack down. With all your camping gear and pack etc. it just looks like a map pouch or something.

That is a good option too. But the safepacker is almost 4x the cost.

That is a good option too. But the safepacker is almost 4x the cost.

I'm not saying people should get it instead, just that if people are looking for that type of thing it is another option. It has two advantages over the REI pack. 1. It is designed to hold a gun and reloads so you don't have to rig up something to hold the gun positioned correctly like in the REI pack. 2. It isn't technically a fanny pack so you get style points.:s0112::s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top