JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I was in an exceptionally accurate mood and shot one particular group that I felt very good about. Ignore that 3 O'clock flyer touching the 10 ring, I had my finger on the trigger pulling before I even shouldered the rifle or looked through the scope.
The group is about 15-18 rounds.

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

Thank you, I felt very good about it and for the first time actually noticed the consistency or lack thereof of with different types of ammo. I started with shooting Federal automatch which I "thought" all along was consistent and I was getting quite a bigger spread, decided to put it aside and switched to CCI Minimags.

Nice grouping. Have you ever tried CCI Blazer ammo? My Savage 22 LR will group really well with that ammo, and it is dirt cheap.

I've found my targets show cleaner holes if I attach the target very flat against a piece of cardboard. The paper doesn't tear and tatter as much, although you may not care. If you want to accurately measure them though it sure helps.

Nice grouping. Have you ever tried CCI Blazer ammo? My Savage 22 LR will group really well with that ammo, and it is dirt cheap.

I've found my targets show cleaner holes if I attach the target very flat against a piece of cardboard. The paper doesn't tear and tatter as much, although you may not care. If you want to accurately measure them though it sure helps.

I haven't tried the CCI Blazer, but I was intending to, I basically wanted to buy CCI Minimags in bulk, but didn't find boxes of anything bigger than 100 rnds. As I said, I was under the impression all along that the Federal automatch was consistent and accurate, but comparing them to the Minimags as far as group sizes, I guess I was wrong.

If you buy mini mags by the case you get a lot better deal on them. Not much more than bulk stuff like fed or blazer. You just have to buy a case to get the price break. 5000 rounds. You'll get 50 of the little plastic boxes... Nice group btw!

If you buy mini mags by the case you get a lot better deal on them. Not much more than bulk stuff like fed or blazer. You just have to buy a case to get the price break. 5000 rounds. You'll get 50 of the little plastic boxes... Nice group btw!
Do you know of any stores even if online that sell them by the case at a reduced price? I did the math at the stores I could find and it's not that different from buying a box of 100 @ Walmart for $6.77

Today I was in an exceptionally accurate mood and shot one particular group that I felt very good about. Ignore that 3 O'clock flyer touching the 10 ring, I had my finger on the trigger pulling before I even shouldered the rifle or looked through the scope.
The group is about 15-18 rounds.

View attachment 48701

View attachment 48702

Meh, there's still some red left in the bullseye. ;)

Hmmm, I'm going to buy a case then. I've been shooting with sling and irons, standing at 100 yards, and finding my federals have a wide degree of variance even when the sight picture looks the same when I pull the trigger.

Good shooting, and thanks for the CCI info.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top