JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone else been monitoring the .22LR situation? The price has slowly dropped- if it continues, by the time September/October gets here we could almost afford a box of 50....

I picked up a 325 round box of Federal Auto-Match at Sportsman's Warehouse last Friday for $16.99. Not bad, for 2014 prices (and yes, I still have a brick or 2 of the $9.99 CCI Mini-Mags, circa 1980 or so). I was happy to get it, as both my 22/45 and my son's custom 10/22 love it.

I picked up a 325 count of the federal auto match from midway last week, same price $16.99.
I've never bought ammo online and was surprised that there was no hazmat fee.

.22 has always been available. None of the manufacturers have been making less. Its been that before you got to the store or before it got to the store someone else has purchased it. All you had to do was go on Gun Broker and see the pages and pages of .22 for sale to see its always been available.

.22 has always been available. None of the manufacturers have been making less. Its been that before you got to the store or before it got to the store someone else has purchased it. All you had to do was go on Gun Broker and see the pages and pages of .22 for sale to see its always been available.

Mark, when a $15 box of ammo is going for $65, that is morally wrong and is NOT available. It's a mater of perspective- now they're looking at a glut of ammo here in a few months and the price should drop down to where it was before Obama took office- at least thats what the tea leaves readers and a few gun writers have suggested. Another thing that shoots a HUGE hole in your idea that "ammo is available" is that most people have to work 8 to 4, or 9 to 5- if that Walmart/Gun Shop/Online Ammo Suppliers (Like Cabela's is limiting their 50 round box to ONE SALE PER DAY) that's not "being available when the guys at work and some old retired guy comes in to buy it. Especially if that retired guy immediately turns around, buying it for $25 and then selling it for $65.

No Sir, the facts do not support your position

Your confusing availability and post retail secondary sales/price.

To say it was not available because you couldnt get to BiMart when they put it on the selves or that some secondary market gouger was charging to much in an attemt to make a profit. Does not compute.

Been tracking Walmart deliveries for the Salem-Woodland area for a few months now. The past couple months have shown a steady decline. And that's with a new store opening up in Battle Ground.

http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/index.php/home/

I don't buy a lot of .22LR but I shoot at a club that sponsors a lot of matches--especially youth 22 lr shooting and they say-and I have found- that Killough's has had ammo all this time--maybe not exactly what you want at the cheapest prices, but they have it--just bought 6oo rounds from them. ---that's mainly match ammo--BUT

Just bought 1000+ rounds of the cheapy Federal at WalMart and you're right! The law of supply and demand is in effect--demand up supply (in relation to demand) down--then-- prices up! And Murhpy's ccorollary to that law--as demonstrated in gasoline pricing and now ammo and components---demand down--prices stay the same or go up in order to keep corporate profits level--at record highs..........remember the top brass at ATK all need new Mercedes this year--and refurbishing their yachts is not cheap.......

Your confusing availability and post retail secondary sales/price.

To say it was not available because you couldnt get to BiMart when they put it on the selves or that some secondary market gouger was charging to much in an attemt to make a profit. Does not compute.
Then using your logic to its conclusion- then .22LR ammo will always be available if someone is willing to build the tooling from scratch and make their own- odd's of that happening is zero

I don't think the manufacturers will try to prop up prices when demand goes down, and I don't believe they are the source of most of the price increase - I believe it is partially retailers who sell at what the market will bear, and of course the scalpers.

The prices are already going down.

If CCI makes over 4 million .22 rimfire cartridges a day (which they do) Every day and Remington, Winchester, Wolf, Federal, Aquila [sic] and who ever are making the same amount they always do as they have been all along then how has .22 NOT BEEN available?

The people who are buying it by the case and reselling it for 3-5 times retail are sure finding it.

BiMart hasn't changed their price at all. I bought a 525 of Rem golden Bullets for $18.00 last Wed.

Went into my local Bimart to check my "Lucky" number Tuesday and talked to the guy at the gun counter. He's telling me that when they do get some 22lr the people there to get it are on the phone. Shortly after that it's gone from the shelf. Pieces of feces! I hope some day these turds have no food, and need to EAT those thousands of rounds of 22 to survi.....Well guess that wouldn't help them, would it? GOOD!

Ha, I hardly even shoot the stuff, no more than a few hundred rounds in the last ten years. But man, IF, it's ever on the shelf again like it use to be, I'm a gonna buy me a passel and just site on it and SMILE! Just look what we've become?

Mike

I was at the aloha bi mart picking up some rifled slugs (my new shooting interest) and heard the "pepsi end cap display guy" hitting up the sporting goods counter guy while he was headed into the storage room to get his product. I'm positive that a lot of the .22 is going to insiders stashes. THAT is BS.

I hope to He11 there is no 'graft' ever disclosed IE say sporting goods clerk calls friends when he/she knows .22 is in and receives a 'kickback' of say 50 rounds for every successful sale of a brick.

Networking happens all day every day. Especially now-a-days with .22LR. I have passed it up nearly a dozen times now hoping to do my part in the recovery. I have plenty.

Maybe we could change the title of this thread to Woo Hoo .22 is coming down in PRICE, for clarity and accuracy of content.

I just stopped by my local Sportsman's Warehouse and was SHOCKED! There it was, on the shelf, (no, not on the regular shelf, but in the enclosed customer service area where you have to ask for it), CCI Mini-Mag .22 LR Hollow Points in the 100 round plastic box! I literally don't remember the last time I saw ANY on sale ANYWHERE at ANY PRICE. The price? $7.99 per 100 round box, with a 2 box limit per person. I bought my 2 boxes and am thrilled. I consider .08 a round a fair price for what I believe is the best non-premium long rifle ammo available. :D

I hope to He11 there is no 'graft' ever disclosed IE say sporting goods clerk calls friends when he/she knows .22 is in and receives a 'kickback' of say 50 rounds for every successful sale of a brick.

I had to think on this most of the day since you posted it. I hope to a certain extent that if there is graft the perp's will be taken outside, tied to a post and flogged 40 lashes minus one. We need to keep our beliefs "pure" and it wouldn't hurt to crucify one of our own- like we did this fool: http://www.mediaite.com/print/ny-ti...ows-little-room-for-nuance-in-gun-journalism/ Who then just a few days ago did this: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/07/mike-mcdaniel/dick-metcalf-unforgiven/ and not only did he prove he failed to learn from his mistake but he amplified it.

The firearms community is swift in its justice of those who have broken the faith. As well it should be as we are held to a higher standard than anti-gunners.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top