JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Microsoft Windows
Browser
Google Chrome
Reactions
Always found it useful to search and filter for closed listings, so I could research what things have recently sold for when setting prices on something I want to sell.

Very useful actually, maybe it's still there but I'm not seeing it, maybe this was removed with intent?

Hope not, loved using that.

Hmm, I'm seeing it. And I agree, it's one of the most useful features of the classifieds!

1618943720518.png

Ok, so it's there, kinda.

Here's what I was able to figure out, hope it helps Joe.

If I click on the filter, I do see the ad status option, BUT if I unput anything into the filter, that option goes away and my input is lost.

Action order:

Click into parts and acc. classifieds
Click filter
Set status to "locked"
Results refresh, Ad status option is no longer in the filter menu, but results show locked threads (no other search input or keywords entered)

If you enter anything into the keyword box, the status filter goes away and if you had selected "locked" it doesn't apply to the results.

Found the issue :)

As you said, when you apply a filter (any filter) it automatically defaults to "open", as you can see on the filter bar Active Filter list. The problem is that the input box then disappears, requiring you to clear all filters to see the input box again.

Added it to the list :s0155:

iPad running latest iOS. I don't even see anything that says filter?

I tried to search locked ads this evening and the ad status box to select locked ads was missing. Where did it go?

Edit: it's missing in android mobile search box, I switch my mobile browser to desktop mode and the ad status box was present there.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing what selections I have in search box.

Screenshot_20210511-024937.png

Screenshot_20210511-024943.png

Last Edited:
I didn't even know we had that option! I always wondered where the ads went when they got closed? :D I'll have to check that out sometime.

@arakboss I merged your thread with this one, as it is indeed the same issue.

Due to limited resources, there's a fair chance this will not be fixed before we upgrade to the new classified system.

However, there is a simple workaround: choose the Ad Status criteria before selecting any other filter criteria.

For example, in this photo I've selected For Sale and Oregon (arrow pointing to the filter bar), and as you can see the Ad Status field is not visible.

1621273093201.png

Clicking "Clear All" on the filter bar and then refreshing the page will clear whichever criteria you have set and the Ad Status field will re-appear.

This isn't perfect, sometimes selecting additional criteria will clear the Ad Status filter. I recommend glancing at the filter bar each time you select additional criteria to make the filters you want are still set.

@arakboss I merged your thread with this one, as it is indeed the same issue.

Due to limited resources, there's a fair chance this will not be fixed before we upgrade to the new classified system.

However, there is a simple workaround: choose the Ad Status criteria before selecting any other filter criteria.

For example, in this photo I've selected For Sale and Oregon (arrow pointing to the filter bar), and as you can see the Ad Status field is not visible.

View attachment 885685

Clicking "Clear All" on the filter bar and then refreshing the page will clear whichever criteria you have set and the Ad Status field will re-appear.

This isn't perfect, sometimes selecting additional criteria will clear the Ad Status filter. I recommend glancing at the filter bar each time you select additional criteria to make the filters you want are still set.
Is the screen shot you provided from android mobile? My search box looks different than yours.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top