JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was buying peak oil for a while but I am not sure anymore

I too am a bit skeptical as well. If for no other reasons some models were grossly inaccurate with respect to our ability to find and explore oil reserves. The works by M. King Hubbert, for example, was repeatedly shown to be wrong. (It also didn't help that unqualified lunatics like Howard Kunstler* propagated a lot of doom and gloom on that score.) That said, maybe the science has gotten better; I need to do more reading.

* This was the same nutbag behind some of the more lurid claims of the Y2K bug. It was a real software issue that could have caused some issues, but nothing like some of the doom meisters were claiming. And there were are armies of programmers and other staff working for years before then to make it was a non-issue. I myself did a bunch of code audits in that era.

$2.10 just now in Myrtle Beach, headed back from brunch:

View attachment 617313

Walmart's & Costco are likely even less. Pretty crazy!
I was anxious for Mrs. Teflon to get the hell out of there safely as Dorian was pulverizing the Bahamas, lining up on Georgia and the Carolinas. Not for the storm so much but dealing with a transfer flight in Atlanta. YIKES!!!

I drive up to the gas pump.
I put the gas in.
I pay for the gas.
I could care less what it costs.
If my life revolves around a 5 to 20 cent hike on gas prices
maybe I should have planned better.
Personally I think gas prices are the media's number one
chain to jerk the public around with.
Oh no gas prices are going up!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>falls down and dies where he stands<<
I hate it when that happens.

Yeah, the gas prices went up 12 cents here compared to yesterday. According to the radio, oil prices have collapsed earlier today. No idea if gas prices will.

Love the "I don't care what gas prices are" people. A woman at the pumps was saying she didn't care what gas went to. REALLY?! I had to go ask why! "Well I only put $20 in at a time so I don't care!" Yeah, remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon? Actually gas IS .25 cents/gallon when compared to the price of gold! Go look at the price of gold compared to gas, no matter if gas was 10 cents, 25 cents, $3/gallon it is the same percentage as/of the cost of gold. Go put it on a graph and see for yourself.

Last Edited:
I drive up to the gas pump.
I put the gas in.
I pay for the gas.
I could care less what it costs.
If my life revolves around a 5 to 20 cent hike on gas prices
maybe I should have planned better.
Personally I think gas prices are the media's number one
chain to jerk the public around with.
Oh no gas prices are going up!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>falls down and dies where he stands<<
I hate it when that happens.

Same. People that drive all over kingdom come to save a few cents a gallon are just ignorant. And "stockpiling" by filling up the tanks and a can or two is just mental masturbation.

Well when there's 40-50 cents per gallon difference at a gas station in one town and at another gas station 20 miles away, that is a significant savings if the vehicle does 20+miles to a gallon at the worst :rolleyes: on the other hand, it is still not as bad as during Bush 2 and Obama years :rolleyes: I distinctly remember gas in Oregon ranging from $2.999 to $5.129 a gallon, and never going below $2.799 after 2004.

Same. People that drive all over kingdom come to save a few cents a gallon are just ignorant. And "stockpiling" by filling up the tanks and a can or two is just mental masturbation.

My Wife used to "hunt" for price, I think she finally gave up. She see's me when I need it. 2 brands offer a discount tied to the 2 markets we use. So when I see one on the side of the road I am on, in I go and fill. I get a huge kick out of the " THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING" thing in the media. When I hear people at work or such gripe about the price of gas I ask, "ever buy a bottle of water?" Would you feel better if gas cost what bottled water cost? :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top