JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any good prepper knows to have all his/her rigs filled with fuel, but in case you forgot you may want to head over to your local gas station. Drone strike hit Saudi oil wells and Saudis have shut half of them down, at least for now. I am betting trhe cost of fuel is going up even as I type.

Here's a link to the story:

The interesting thing about this is now in the age of drones pretty much anyone can have an air force even if they don't actually have airplanes. I label it one more weapon in the terrorists arsenal.

This is bad news. Looks like General Dynamics could sell some phalanx systems here pretty quick.

Somebody is always getting rich off of war. My understanding is that the range of the Phalanx is rether limited so I wonder how many would be needed to protect oil wells, Rhetorical questions, as I have no clue what saudi oils fields are set up like, nor the amount of terrain they cover.

Somebody is always getting rich off of war. My understanding is that the range of the Phalanx is rether limited so I wonder how many would be needed to protect oil wells, Rhetorical questions, as I have no clue what saudi oils fields are set up like, nor the amount of terrain they cover.

The most expensive way possible, no doubt! Some consultant will tell them they should have one every 1000 meters surrounding the city (so you aren't slinging 20mm down Jugdish al-Ramen St.) and to have overlapping fields of fire.

Israel has a pretty good defensive system ( called Iron Dome IIRC) that pretty much stops threats such as this! Might be a good place to employ this! I believe Israel has a 85% sucess rate with this system!

Any good prepper knows to have all his/her rigs filled with fuel, but in case you forgot you may want to head over to your local gas station. Drone strike hit Saudi oil wells and Saudis have shut half of them down, at least for now. I am betting trhe cost of fuel is going up even as I type.

Here's a link to the story:

The interesting thing about this is now in the age of drones pretty much anyone can have an air force even if they don't actually have airplanes. I label it one more weapon in the terrorists arsenal.
My keyboard runs off of cheetos so I'm good.

US imports 9.93 Million barrels a day
US Exports 7.59 Million barrels a day

This was from 2018, however I thought in 2019 we equaled that out.

So then.....
Remember, about a month ago?

So? Perhaps it's time to invest in the same sort of anti-drone technologies that the US used. But, I doubt that the US shot off a missle in that case. I believe that it was some sort of jamming device that was used.

So then, you know that the Saudi Govt will have the specific info and probably will get a good price for that specific (whatever it may be, whomever the maker) technology transfer. And why not add a couple of extra jets too?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....
iShares U.S. Aerospace & Defense ETF = ITA

More news: U.S. Blames Iran for Attack on Saudi Oil Facilities

Last Edited:
Hopefully we'll just ramp up production here. What we need are more refineries.
Plus one on new refineries, but probably ain't going to happen with all the enviro-nuts out there who will tie up refinery projects in the courts. I would like to see the US military build a couple of refineries for their own use (and allow active duty personnel to buy fuel at cost on bases) that might free up some civilian supplies.

I really dislike the whole ethanol blend idea but fuel price hikes might help some US farmers who are hurting from China trade dispute. If electric cars can achieve 600 mile trips between charges and at the price of a liquid fuel auto, I might jump on board one day.

Plus one on new refineries, but probably ain't going to happen with all the enviro-nuts out there who will tie up refinery projects in the courts. I would like to see the US military build a couple of refineries for their own use (and allow active duty personnel to buy fuel at cost on bases) that might free up some civilian supplies.

I really dislike the whole ethanol blend idea but fuel price hikes might help some US farmers who are hurting from China trade dispute. If electric cars can achieve 600 mile trips between charges and at the price of a liquid fuel auto, I might jump on board one day.

What kills me about gas prices on post is they mirror local civilian gas prices. Has shouldn't be taxed on post, just like all other goods. BUT, an act of congress made it so.

Peak oil was in 2005. It's amazing that factoid has largely been dismissed. Unconventional oil sources (fracking) will have depletion rates much greater than a conventional well. US production will soon decline as will EROEI on these fields.
The US consumes 20 million barrels a day.

Peak oil was in 2005. It's amazing that factoid has largely been dismissed. Unconventional oil sources (fracking) will have depletion rates much greater than a conventional well. US production will soon decline as will EROEI on these fields.
The US consumes 20 million barrels a day.
I was buying peak oil for a while but I am not sure anymore. I believe peak oil will come from limited access by enviro-nuts rather then no more oil being in the ground.

Last Edited:
Filled 3 vehicles and some cans last night, which'll probably cost a lot more a week from now.

Gas was 2.75 here last week while Mrs. Teflon was seeing 2.16 in Myrtle Beach SC. In my perfect world, just once... I'd like to see the rest of the country come up to what we're paying here before we all join hands and make the long sad climb together.

Fat chance.
myrtle beach sc 09-2019.jpeg

Another thought occurs to me, more realistic than my pipe dream above. When I had an oil furnace in my last home, the price per gallon of heating oil was usually just a few cents more than gasoline at Arco. And it followed increases and decreases at the pump, trailing by a few days.

Instead of waiting for the heating oil company to check my tank once a month and fill it when it got low, I always called them whenever prices were down. I think my in-ground tank was 500-600 gallons, so the savings were substantial over decades.

Now living in a more rural setting, I drive past countless farms with multiple above-ground tanks for vehicles and equipment. Heads up you guys, I suspect you could save hundreds (or more) by filling those all up today instead of waiting a month. It sure as hell isn't gonna go down.

Last Edited:
Filled 3 vehicles and some cans last night, which'll probably cost a lot more a week from now.

Gas was 2.75 here last week while Mrs. Teflon was seeing 2.16 in Myrtle Beach SC. In my perfect world, just once... I'd like to see the rest of the country come up to what we're paying here before we all join hands and make the long sad climb together.

Fat chance.
View attachment 617246

$2.10 just now in Myrtle Beach, headed back from brunch:

F9D4A1FF-B107-47E2-BBBA-99922C4755DF.jpeg

Walmart's & Costco are likely even less. Pretty crazy!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top