JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Murphys law hit the printer today. I've never filed online because of SSN # secrecy, as if anythings secret anymore... But, since libraries don't carry forms anymore I need a "safe" way to file a simple 1040 EZ.

I've e-filed with Turbotax for the past 8 or 9 years without a problem. This year things became substantially more complex so I got a CPA; he's e-filing for me and it's working fine.

I'm pretty sure you can e-file your 1040 EZ for free, either through Turbotax or through another website.

No worries!

I've e-filed for several years. The only problem I had is when I mistyped my previous years income so I had to refile. No extra cost though.

Can I e-file directly with the IRS or do I have to go through others? I couldn't find anything on the IRS site. I'd rather deal straight w the IRS and eliminate the chance that my SSN goes around the net.

It used to be that filing via paperwork/mail that you had less of a chance of being audited. I know that is weird, but two accountants I've used and various sources have said that.

Started e-filing a couple years ago. This year I literally got my State refund within ten days. Although I despise paying taxes (Federal Income Taxes specifically) I have no plans on doing a Wesley Snipes and objecting to the unConstitutional nature of it all. I know who the real gangsters are and have no desire to mess with them. Pay every penny you legally owe, not one red cent more.

On a related note, a lady at the Washington State Revenue Dept told me the other day that their sales tax revenue is at an all time low for the last 20 years. Many businesses are simply filing 'no business' or very little revenue for last quarter. Jan, Feb, March time frame.
Translation = although the media paints a recovery picture, businesses are not selling squat.

I have been e-filing for 10 to 11 years now, no problems, no hang up's on getting refunds and never been audited. Turbo tax makes it very very easy.

I used to pay $400-$600 a year for my CPA.... Turbo Tax kicks donkey! I actually got a few hundred back from the Fed and State this year. I have been e-filing for the better part of (if not) two decades w/o a hitch. I don't e-file my State returns as I usually owe the State more money (and Turbo Tax charges $20 for State e-filing) so I print it out and mail it (it only costs me a stamp)... and wait right up until the last day to pay it....LOL!

I already got the Federal refund direct deposited into my account within days of e-filing. :s0155:

To WA residents: I am using TaxAct.com, highly recommended. They offer a free federal tax return and only charge for the state return. Since WA has no income tax, the whole thing is essentially free.

Never filed on paper, filed 3 years with TurboTax e-filing without problems so far. I'm a big fan of the e-stuff. The thing about SSN secrecy has its pros and cons: efiling gives you the transmission over a secured link, but it's of course still possible to get eavesdropped on. So does snail mail, in case something happens with a mail truck or whatever. Then there's going to be some entry level IRS and state tax person sitting there with a ton of papers putting everything in their computer system, which has room for error, but also exposes it to an extra person or two at the front end. Plus then there's a paper with your number floating around. Will it get disposed of properly? When? Will IRS/state tax boards keep it for some years? How will it get disposed of after a certain amount of time? Etcetera.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top