JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How does one DELETE all of the pictures in the "File Upload Manager" that are not being used?

All of the pictures I've ever used for ads and such are STILL there, even though they are not being used in a thread. They seem to be "saved" there. I can find NO way to delete them.

Try this:

- Click "Settings" in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom and on the left click "Attachments".
- From here you should be able to delete your attachments.

That will work for the attachments that are IN USE in threads. It doess not work for all the pictures that seem to be "stored" in the file manager. How do I delete all of those?

You access it when you are creating a thread, and you want to post pictures in the thread. It's under "Manage Attachments" underneath the box where you type in all your thread (ad, etc) information.

Ok, so it looks like once an hour a script is run which deletes any attachments that aren't in use, which is when they're removed from your File Upload Manager. The link I had you go to in your settings lists all the files that are in use, like you said, so if they're not on that list but they're in the File Upload Manager they should be deleted within the hour.

Hey Joey, I tried what you said also, it did not work. So if I want to post a thread, I hit the tab for upload photos and a small box opens up with all my pictures. I can not figure out how to delete them. Any healp would be great.

Well, after doing some more digging I've found it's a confirmed vBulletin bug that has yet to be fixed. For the time being I've disabled the advanced File Upload Manager, which isn't really a big deal since it's only real use was being able to re-use attachments. One of my concerns is whether or not the files that weren't deleted by the system will still count against your maximum attachment quota even though the File Upload Manager is now disabled. If you guys could test this and see I'd appreciate it ;)

Well, after doing some more digging I've found it's a confirmed vBulletin bug that has yet to be fixed. For the time being I've disabled the advanced File Upload Manager, which isn't really a big deal since it's only real use was being able to re-use attachments. One of my concerns is whether or not the files that weren't deleted by the system will still count against your maximum attachment quota even though the File Upload Manager is now disabled. If you guys could test this and see I'd appreciate it ;)

Works for me just a little different looking screen but works fine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top