JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Wife tends to go through life with zero idea of what is going on around her :mad: A few times coming home I have driven past our street. She would start with "hey, you missed our turn". I would say no I did not, some car has followed my every turn for a while now. Every time I would make a few more turns and they would finally go a different way. Most if not all were I am sure just someone who happened to be going my way but, after several turns if they are still with me I do not just pull up to my drive.
Other day Wife comes home, telling me she just witnessed BIG wreck. Two clowns pass her, going down a hill, double yellow, at about twice posted. One of them then rolls his car. She said she stayed at wreck, gave her info to LEO. I said did you tell the LEO you have camera footage? She had not even thought of that. I called them, said if you want it we have the whole thing on video. Took them all of about :15 to call back and say yes. File was too big to e-mail so one said he would stop by our house next morning to pick it up. Watching the tape it was easy to see these two clowns had to have been having a road battle behind her. She swears she saw nothing:s0092:
She did say one of the other people who saw the wreck and stopped did tell her the two idiots were going at each other for a while. I told her I wanted the Cops to have the tape as there is no way this was this clowns first time doing something like this. The problem with people who drive like him is sooner or later they wipe out some poor person just going to the store or such. With LEO's having the tape they will get a sworn statement from him where he will of course claim he did nothing wrong. Then they will show him the video and ask if he wants to just plead guilty now to wreck less, or piss off some judge by wasting their time :D
Below is a still clip from the video of the one idiot. He rolled twice before ending up on his lid here.

View attachment 779409
I'm afraid we're going to have to see the video now. :)

Agreed. The first pic was non-committal. Merely sharing the news.

The second pic is Click Bait - you are taunting us.

A description of the sound track to the video means you owe each of us a full viewing or monetary compensation - your call!:s0114:

Agreed. The first pic was non-committal. Merely sharing the news.

The second pic is Click Bait - you are taunting us.

A description of the sound track to the video means you owe each of us a full viewing or monetary compensation - your call!:s0114:
Have not cut part of a video in a LONG time. Will see if I can find some freeware to do it. Camera's do clips in :10 sections in HD so it makes a HUGE file. Will try to find one that will let me cut to just where these two pass her, and then the one crashes when he panics at the end of the road.

Have not cut part of a video in a LONG time. Will see if I can find some freeware to do it. Camera's do clips in :10 sections in HD so it makes a HUGE file. Will try to find one that will let me cut to just where these two pass her, and then the one crashes when he panics at the end of the road.
Well I found Win does still have a free movie editor and I cut a clip of the action but sadly the site will not let me download it here. Probably still too big and would take up too much space. I did try :D

My GF thinks I'm a little weird (she judiciously avoids the word "paraniod", bless her heart) for employing rudimentary counter-surveillance and evasion techniques in everyday situations. A couple extra turns in the car. Stopping to look in store windows when theres nothing of interest inside. Varying routes. Avoiding light-to-dark transitions. Taking note of people's shoes. Just making myself/us a harder mark.

I may be weird. I may be paranoid. But it don't hurt no one and could help avoid a situation like the one described above, even if it just comes down to picking your own battlefield and keeping the fight removed from home/innocents.
What you are describing about the behavior of you and your girl friend is not weird or paranoia, it is called tactical thinking. Nothing wrong with that!

Well I found Win does still have a free movie editor and I cut a clip of the action but sadly the site will not let me download it here. Probably still too big and would take up too much space. I did try :D
Someone here must have a youtube, liveleak or bubblegumute account. Help a brother out.

EDIT: LOL, bit chute (without the space) becomes bubblegumute with the help of the auto-censor.

It's not paranoia if there really IS somebody out to get you, and if you live in Puget Sound there are tons of such somebodies waiting to cross your path addressed "General Delivery, To Whom It May Concern."

I'm trying to teach my 70something injury-prone aunt to be more Situation Aware, but she's so clueless about what's going on around her we have to invent a whole new level BELOW "Condition White." Seriously, I've had hands full of groceries and had to juggle 'em for a good five minutes before she noticed I was there even AFTER I gave the car a good solid hip-check...

A Fife family is mourning the loss of their loved one after he was shot and killed on their front porch Wednesday night.

Family members identify the man as Nouman, 26.

"I need justice for my son, I need justice for my son, I need justice for my only son," said Nouman's mother. "I always describe him as my lucky charm, because he is, he's my lucky charm."

Family members said Nouman had just returned home from buying his little sister a cake for her 21st birthday.

"It was my daughter's birthday yesterday, it was on my daughter's birthday," said Nouman's father.

Suddenly, two men appeared on their front porch.

"They follow him and they have him at gunpoint in front of our house. This is a safe neighborhood, this is not happening, I don't know what's going on in the world these days, but it's just not at peace," said Nouman's mother.

Fife police said Nouman was followed home, robbed and murdered in a shootout.

"We do believe that, for whatever reason, our victim was targeted last night for a robbery. The incident went bad, with the victim being armed as well as the suspects. There was an exchange of gunfire," said Dave Wood, Fife Police Department Assistant Chief.

After the shooting, the attackers fled. Police quickly tracked them down at a hospital in Auburn, where one of the suspects was being treated for a gunshot wound.

As investigators work to piece together the puzzle, Nouman's loved ones continue to mourn. They said their son was loving, happy and helpful.

"Every time he hung up the phone he would say, 'I love you mommy,'" said Nouman's mother. "Somebody just took my son's life. I just need justice for my son. He don't deserve this, this is so senseless."

Police said one of the killers is in custody at the Pierce County Jail and the second is in the hospital. Both men are expected to be charged with murder.

A situational awareness lesson for us all.

My thoughts to the family.

This summer, the wife and I were coming back from a short ride on our street bikes. We close on a car that I recognize as a neighbor. We have helmet to helmet comms, and I tell my wife that I see our neighbor. The lady drives past her house, and I told the wife that Lori doesn't know who we are and thinks that something is afoot. Sure enough she pulls into the driveway across the street from us. I call over there and sure enough, she thought that it was a road rage thing. We had a good laugh after, but I made the point to my wife that Lori did the right thing in being aware and going to someone else's house.

About the only precaution I take is watching to see if someone is following me all the way home. If I think that is happening then I drive on past the last few turns and make a loop back around. Never had anyone actually follow me all the way home though - especially not since I moved up here onto the mountain.

I can't imagine why anyone would follow me home except if for road rage or they noticed me buying something expensive, or guns or I got a bunch of money from the bank.
Once I get off of the freeway or get close to my home on the backroads, I'm very aware of what's in my rearview mirror. I've never taken a turn past my house, but there have been a couple of times I got within two blocks of thinking I might need to. I'm going to assume a person following me home isn't looking to sell me Girl Scout cookies.
They (all our vehicles have them) are all just whatever Amazon has cheap when one quits working. Several of them have the exact same controls, different names so my guess is they all come out of some factory in China and are all the same inside. They are so cheap now I have long thought of wiring one up in the back window too. I would have loved to see how long these two clowns were playing road rage behind her while she had no clue they were there.
Below is another grab as the second car, the one who rolled, goes past her. The car in front of him had just blown by her and he followed. Second car panicked when he got to the end of the road and over corrected. First car almost hits 3 other cars trying to get out of the area as soon as he saw it. He of course was NOT going to stick around.
When I played the tape for Wife the only thing she cared about is you can hear her let out an F bomb as the second car rolls. I told her it's not like the LEO's who watch it are going to care. I am sure they get caught doing the same thing on their camera's when they see something like this happen in front of them :s0140:

View attachment 779529
Stupid little Kia Rio. Way quicker than expected. Handle very well, in a FWD fashion, but I can see how some stupid Muther F-er would put it on it's lid! :D

upload here -- no account sign, up no confirm this or that, just upload it and paste the link here:

upload
Tried is said the file is too big:(
I am guessing I would have to sign up for a youtube account. Since everything under the sun seems to be there. Will see what you have to do to put stuff there. As much garbage as there is on there I have to guess it does not cost anything.

What you are describing about the behavior of you and your girl friend is not weird or paranoia, it is called tactical thinking. Nothing wrong with that!

Thanks, I have seen enough "weird" stuff that I tend to try to not ever just stop watching. Place we live now it's a lot of turns to get to. If I see the same car make too many of the same choices I can't help but start to wonder. Never put stickers on my cars to give my views to all but, do have pro Cop sticker on each car. It's small enough most probably never see it but, never know when some snowflake will spot it and set them off. Not to mention people like the clowns who passed the Wife on the hill. There is a lot of long stretches of road out here were posted is 35mph. So I drive with the speed between the pins, 37. This often just sets people off who want to go 50 and they will pass where it's illegal. It's why I get a good laugh out of it when I see one of them on the side of the road donating some cash to the courts since they wanted to drive 50 in a 35 :s0140:

Thanks, I have seen enough "weird" stuff that I tend to try to not ever just stop watching. Place we live now it's a lot of turns to get to. If I see the same car make too many of the same choices I can't help but start to wonder. Never put stickers on my cars to give my views to all but, do have pro Cop sticker on each car. It's small enough most probably never see it but, never know when some snowflake will spot it and set them off. Not to mention people like the clowns who passed the Wife on the hill. There is a lot of long stretches of road out here were posted is 35mph. So I drive with the speed between the pins, 37. This often just sets people off who want to go 50 and they will pass where it's illegal. It's why I get a good laugh out of it when I see one of them on the side of the road donating some cash to the courts since they wanted to drive 50 in a 35 :s0140:

That used to be me when I drove into L.A. every day, and when I drove 300mi daily to service my accounts in every small town in 4 counties, and also when I drove to Home Inspection appts in Bend (that city is a ratrace in a maze).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top