JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
O.k., all your planning and prepping went to hell because you were skinny dipping at a swinger's party when the SHTF and are far from all your gear. Besides, word has it where you store everything is ground zero anyway.

You were lucky enough to acquire a firearm or two, (and some clothes!) somehow but how to carry them and have your hands free to do other survival stuff like make a fire or filter water etc.?
I think this was supposed to be a joke but........
upload_2015-8-2_12-33-51.png
I've thought about things like windex spray bottles cut up and duct taped.
When the SHTF you can't just run to Cabela's and find just the right holster.

Anybody ever tried to think of what you could use from common stuff laying around any ones house?

I have a sumo suit...

I have great caloric reserves. Seriously though.... (You can quote that @Stomper- its glandular. :mad::mad:)

You will find car seat leather, an awl and some fishing line (Dracon or a braided) to he of help making a holster. Sure you could make a nice chest rig from that.

Of course lightweight is key so that rules out things like molding ABS to work.

If you knit or know your para cord weaves you can make anything from some rope/string.

You could easily make a Yaqui Slide or L-27 out of a 6x2" strip of tire sidewall. If you need a belt or sling, a seatbelt would work. Might need a knife though.

Old zippered camera pouches picked up cheap at thrift stores can be used for spare ammo and misc. pouches.
In fact a huge variety of bags, back-packs, belts and straps as well as camping gear that could be re purposed as part of a SHTF rig can be had for prepping on a budget at thrift stores.

I grabbed out of our trash at work an old mini DVD player case. IPad mini fits nicely on one side, my little friend and dos spare mags on the other, ear buds, lighter and easily a few more items. Black, non threatening padded nylon, handles strap and shoulder strap. Also fits easily in a MC saddle bag.

Brutus Out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top