JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was attempting to transfer an AR lower last week, and after a day's wait in the FICS queue I was told I was delayed. I am not talking about waiting in the FICS queue, I'm talking about getting a Delay outcome after the FICS.

This is very odd: the last transfer I did earlier in the year (pre-COVID) was also delayed due to an out of state arrest from a long time ago. This was cleared up after what was months and the transfer was proceeded. This one incident almost convinced me to move out of this state because it is absolutely ludicrous to have to wait months to purchase a firearm. I was informed that a note of this would be associated with me for 5 years so that it would not cause further delays. Nothing has happened between then and now, and yet I am delayed again.

Whereas the challenge hotline would respond within hours during my last delay, they have not responded at all, I've left 2 messages in the past week.

Anyone have any experience getting delayed in these current times? Any experienced are welcome, especially how you get in touch with them, how long was the delay.

Thanks,

I had a delay back in 2017 that took about 5 months to clear up... similar circumstances as yours.
I had better comms with the challenge line, though, they were surprisingly responsive. I also did a lot of the investigating myself but It merely shadowed what they were doing and they got results whereas I mostly got stone walls.

I haven't had an issue since ChinaVirus became a convenient excuse for governmental lethargy, but I also haven't bought a gun since March, at the very beginning (had no issues) so it's not precisely analogous to your situation, only similar. I'd say keep calling the challenge line, several times a day if you can, until you get some results... "squeaky wheel" and all that.

Just to update, this was Approved today, about 3.5 weeks after the initiation, just as a data point for anyone else wondering.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top