JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OSP only operates 8 AM to 10 PM daily. https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/cjis/pages/firearms-instant-check-system.aspx Beyond 10 PM, unless doing 3 day releases, isn't going to do any good. I wonder if instants would still be instant after 10 PM?
Yes, however if you got approved at 10pm, the FFL would have an opportunity to contact you and you could take possession that night, even up to 11:59. If that FFL was not open and you passed at 10pm, they would not contact you and you could not take possession of your firearm without a permit. At least, that's my interpretation because the actual transfer would happen on the wrong side of the 8th

OSP hands out the firearms now?
They approve who the firearms can be handed out to.

Not trying to stir the pot. Just didn't see the point if the background checks were all done. The idea to give just that little bit more time for people to come down and pick up last minute items makes sense though. I'm not aware of any FFLs staying open late around here, but I certainly haven't checked them all out. My preferred FFL hasn't had any extended hours and were closed their normal Sunday and Monday too.

They approve who the firearms can be handed out to.

Not trying to stir the pot. Just didn't see the point if the background checks were all done. The idea to give just that little bit more time for people to come down and pick up last minute items makes sense though. I'm not aware of any FFLs staying open late around here, but I certainly haven't checked them all out. My preferred FFL hasn't had any extended hours and were closed their normal Sunday and Monday too.
Just funnin' somebody will announce being open late.
What about that place in Beaverton?

Guys. The Oregon State told the federal judge that after pushback from Law enforecement they will grant a grace period for the permit til February. The mag ban still goes into effect on the 8th!

Yes, however if you got approved at 10pm, the FFL would have an opportunity to contact you and you could take possession that night, even up to 11:59. If that FFL was not open and you passed at 10pm, they would not contact you and you could not take possession of your firearm without a permit. At least, that's my interpretation because the actual transfer would happen on the wrong side of the 8th
There is no deadline worry if you're going to get an approval. The permit requirement was stayed for 30 days. If you have a pending purchase with a gun that has a magazine capacity over 10, you better be getting the magazine today. No BGC on that, you can take the magazine today. You can't tomorrow.

Anyone know If the 3day rule will be intact after the 8th, since the postponed 114 permit for 30days?
3 day rule ends tomorrow.

The need for a permit has been put off for 30 days, but you still need to take possession of a firearm with "hi-cap" mags before midnight 12/7.

Keep in mind the backlog is 36000 so the month delay itself won't cover that time. If you buy now you likely will still need a permit per the backlog unless they delay again. They also got rid of the 3 day wait.

OSP will be caught up in a week or two since all of the hi cap gun sales are banned as of Friday.
I just don't see FFL's transferring firearms and keeping the mags.

I suppose he's thinking that sales will drop off a lot. Since many/most have standard cap mags, and people aren't going to buy a gun with no magazine, sales will decline and OSP will catch up on BGC.

No need for FFLs to stay open late.....yet.........

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top