JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not entirely accurate, unless that changed in the last two months.
Procedure:
  1. Seller contacts TP4More, sends them all the necessary information (gun, serial no. front/back copy of the license, etc).
  2. Buyer also contacts TP4M. They want to know both parties are actively communicating.
  3. Only then will they accept shipment.
At least that's how it happened for me. Recently received a firearm through them from a private seller. The transaction went as smooth as silk.

How recent was this?

[edit to add] Years ago I asked Cut Above Pawn about receiving from a private seller, and IIRC their policy was they would only receive from FFLs known to them. If it was a FFL they had not done business with before, the FFL had to contact them directly and send a copy of their certificate before the shipping could be done. Private sellers had to send through a FFL.
Was never a problem for me - I prefer to do business with people who adhere to the rules.

You're correct about them receiving private shipments.
When you mentioned their rule about communications from both parties it jogged my memory.
I was thinking about another pawn shop FFL in NE Portland that refuses to deal with non FFL shippers.

They charge to copy a driver's license? Shouldn't that be built into the cost of doing business? I stopped going to a restaurant out of principal, because they charged 50 cents for guac. Considering there is another place right up the street that costs the same for private xfers and they don't charge for copies or hold your hand, not sure why I'd go here.

I've done so much business there that I'm on a first name basis. The lock is for a handgun, but I always have an extra in all my vehicles just so I don't have to pay their fee.
Years ago you could drive around the corner from them and get one for free from the Tigard Police station, but they quit doing that.
They defiantly will not receive from an individual, to many problems, the biggest is loaded guns being shipped by clueless people.
Yeah, that is too bad. I'm shipping a rifle out of state tomorrow. Too bad TP4M is like that. There is nothing wrong with FFL's accepting from non license holders. I do it all the time... I wouldn't do business with them if that is the case. Seems pretty dang lame if you ask me...

Not entirely accurate, unless that changed in the last two months.
Procedure:
  1. Seller contacts TP4More, sends them all the necessary information (gun, serial no. front/back copy of the license, etc).
  2. Buyer also contacts TP4M. They want to know both parties are actively communicating.
  3. Only then will they accept shipment.
At least that's how it happened for me. Recently received a firearm through them from a private seller. The transaction went as smooth as silk.

How recent was this?

[edit to add] Years ago I asked Cut Above Pawn about receiving from a private seller, and IIRC their policy was they would only receive from FFLs known to them. If it was a FFL they had not done business with before, the FFL had to contact them directly and send a copy of their certificate before the shipping could be done. Private sellers had to send through a FFL.
Was never a problem for me - I prefer to do business with people who adhere to the rules.
A Cut Above accepts firearms shipments from private individuals, they must include the aforementioned color front and back copies of the senders drivers license. And they provide locks free of charge.
I've dealt with both and A Cut Above seems to treat folks more professionally, in my humble opinion.

One of the most important aspects of choosing an FFL for me, is what will the FFL do if you receive a delay from OSP.
Next time you're visiting your favorite FFl, ask them what their rule is when an OSP 30 day BGC review delay is over.
Very few FFL's will honor your 2nd Amendment rights and refuse to follow the Brady Law 0f 1993.

They charge to copy a driver's license? Shouldn't that be built into the cost of doing business? I stopped going to a restaurant out of principal, because they charged 50 cents for guac. Considering there is another place right up the street that costs the same for private xfers and they don't charge for copies or hold your hand, not sure why I'd go here.

There shop, their rules. Used to do a bunch of trading there. Recommend, if you don't mind their rules.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top