JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
looking for recommendation on ffl in Portland area to have a gun shipped in from upstate Washington

Two that I use, and I'm in NE PDX near the airport.

Tigard Pawn 4 More and A Cut Above Pawn, in Beaverton. Both of them $25.00. Both friendly and welcoming for your biz. Be aware, Tigard Pawn For More charges for a copy of your DL, so bring you own copy if you don't want to pay the dollar.

Two that I use, and I'm in NE PDX near the airport.

Tigard Pawn 4 More and A Cut Above Pawn, in Beaverton. Both of them $25.00. Both friendly and welcoming for your biz. Be aware, Tigard Pawn For More charges for a copy of your DL, so bring you own copy if you don't want to pay the dollar.

The color copy of a drivers license (front & back) is required from the seller of a firearm, a firearm lock is needed by the buyer, unless you want to buy one from Tigard Pawn 4 More.
Another thing, TP4m will not accept a shipment from a private individual, only from an FFL.

The color copy of a drivers license (front & back) is required from the seller of a firearm, a firearm lock is needed by the buyer, unless you want to buy one from Tigard Pawn 4 More.
Another thing, TP4m will not accept a shipment from a private individual, only from an FFL.

That license copy thing...I couldn't remember which! I'd just pay the buck.:)

I'd heard some mention of a lock, but i didn't have to have a lock for the rifle I had them receive. Just handgun maybe? a member I sold to didn't have a lock for the shotgun he bought from me. Just to be safe be sure you have a case/and or lock I guess.

I would call them about the receiving from private party thing. I distinctly remember asking them that question several years ago and there was something the private party had to do to make it work. May have changed. In any case it's wise to call and get the info directly from them.

I've done so much business there that I'm on a first name basis. The lock is for a handgun, but I always have an extra in all my vehicles just so I don't have to pay their fee.
Years ago you could drive around the corner from them and get one for free from the Tigard Police station, but they quit doing that.
They defiantly will not receive from an individual, to many problems, the biggest is loaded guns being shipped by clueless people.

That license copy thing...I couldn't remember which! I'd just pay the buck.:)

I'd heard some mention of a lock, but i didn't have to have a lock for the rifle I had them receive. Just handgun maybe? a member I sold to didn't have a lock for the shotgun he bought from me. Just to be safe be sure you have a case/and or lock I guess.

I would call them about the receiving from private party thing. I distinctly remember asking them that question several years ago and there was something the private party had to do to make it work. May have changed. In any case it's wise to call and get the info directly from them.

talked to Tim at Tigard Pawn 4 More super friendly guy to deal with. thanks again for the recommendation.

Just one more thing, depending on who is doing your finger prints, you may have your hand held and thumb rolled over the pad. Just sayin'. I though it pretty weird. Some people refuse to go there because of it. I've had it both ways there.

Just one more thing, depending on who is doing your finger prints, you may have your hand held and thumb rolled over the pad. Just sayin'. I though it pretty weird. Some people refuse to go there because of it. I've had it both ways there.
thats pretty funny some people don't want smart meters either

I recently asked Allen at TP4M about this very issue and his reply was that some people purposely try and smear their prints when they did the print card themselves.

An FFL will want a color copy of the front and back of the shippers state drivers license included with the shipment.
Empty magazines can be included. The firearm must be unloaded and any ammo shipped separately.
An adult signature at time of delivery.
That's been my experience.

I recently asked Allen at TP4M about this very issue and his reply was that some people purposely try and smear their prints when they did the print card themselves.

I haven't bought a LOT of guns, but that's the only place that has insisted on holding my hand when doing the background check prints. Never seen it done on any of Wify's BC either.

The ATF just did an audit on them. Three agents and five days of intense scrutiny and they passed with high marks.
They process the third highest numbers of BGC's in Oregon, and to top it all off they will honor your 2nd rights and work with you if you receive a delay from the OSP.

Not entirely accurate, unless that changed in the last two months.
Procedure:
  1. Seller contacts TP4More, sends them all the necessary information (gun, serial no. front/back copy of the license, etc).
  2. Buyer also contacts TP4M. They want to know both parties are actively communicating.
  3. Only then will they accept shipment.
At least that's how it happened for me. Recently received a firearm through them from a private seller. The transaction went as smooth as silk.

The ATF just did an audit on them.
How recent was this?

[edit to add] Years ago I asked Cut Above Pawn about receiving from a private seller, and IIRC their policy was they would only receive from FFLs known to them. If it was a FFL they had not done business with before, the FFL had to contact them directly and send a copy of their certificate before the shipping could be done. Private sellers had to send through a FFL.
Was never a problem for me - I prefer to do business with people who adhere to the rules.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top