JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know many people lose good sales because they don't want to go through an FFL. What's the big deal? It can't be the $20 dollar fee, are people worried the FBI will break down doors. I don't know about OR but in WA you don't have to report lost or stolen firearms and you can sell ftf like OR. I just tried to sell and buy to OR residents and out of 10 possible deals I got 2. Thanks Weebs for being the second.

I just wonder what the big deal is because I would buy many guns from OR but they won't sell or buy:huh: I know some will but most won't. I guess I will keep looking but again why?

Scott

Scott, I think you hit it right on the head. A lot of people don't want to go through the transfer process because they're scared of having a log in the goverment files with all of their weapons.

I've also found that people who do a lot of trading refuse to go through transfer because they're not 100% sure of the gun they are trading... I think they're scared that if they go through the process it'll come back as a stolen gun and they'll get busted. Personally when I get a gun on trade that isn't transferred I call an FFL and ask them to run the SN. About 6 months later I do it again just to make sure. It gives me peace of mind.

I'm always willing to make deals with washingtonians as long as they're willing to go through the proper channels. If not... I pull the plug on the deal because I feel they're hiding something.

People don't be afraid to deal with Scott, he's a great guy!

I think most people feel that they can sell the gun locally and avoid the hassle. Personally, I would hold on to a gun longer just to avoid the third party.

I think most people feel that they can sell the gun locally and avoid the hassle. Personally, I would hold on to a gun longer just to avoid the third party.

Kenr74,

I am not disagreeing with you but all it takes is another extra 10 minutes to do a x-fer across state lines. I don't care but there were several guns I wanted in OR but they would not sell to a person in WA. Oh well.

Scott

Note the federal law (for NON-FFLs)............

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]

Aloha, Mark

the only place in clark county that will do a ffl transfer is r&w pawn on 78th street and hwy 99. they know they are the only people that will do it so they jacked the price to $50. when you add $50 to a purchase price sometimes you are just as well off to go buy new. It sucks but they have a corner on the market.

the only place in clark county that will do a ffl transfer is r&w pawn on 78th street and hwy 99. they know they are the only people that will do it so they jacked the price to $50. when you add $50 to a purchase price sometimes you are just as well off to go buy new. It sucks but they have a corner on the market.
I can think of about 10 FFL dealers who do transfers in Clark county. And I'm sure there is more. Eagle Firearms in Vancouver is the best deal I've found on a transfer.

Personally when I get a gun on trade that isn't transferred I call an FFL and ask them to run the SN. About 6 months later I do it again just to make sure. It gives me peace of mind.

I'm always willing to make deals with washingtonians as long as they're willing to go through the proper channels. If not... I pull the plug on the deal because I feel they're hiding something.

What is the charge to run the SN?

:s0155: $$$ That is the only reason I have backed out of a potential deal. I could care less about going to an FFL, I have nothing to hide, but the $$$ added to the final price does not = a good deal.

Coctailer here in the couve will do an FFL transfer for 35 bucks. I just talked with him today about one. He even told me that both parties do not have to be present at the same time. I am in the same boat as Scott there are a lot of deals in Oregon and hopefully people are willing to do the legwork and go with the FFL rather than no sale at all.

:s0155: $$$ That is the only reason I have backed out of a potential deal. I could care less about going to an FFL, I have nothing to hide, but the $$$ added to the final price does not = a good deal.

I have nothing to hide either, but I rarely do an FFL transfer/purchase because it nobody's business how many guns I have and what kind they are. ESPECIALLY not Uncle Sam.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top