JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was reading about transfers in Vancouver, WA. I was wondering how someone said they had guns shipped to Oregon to save the sales tax ? Do you have to have a connection with an FFL in Oregon ? I seen the name coctail as a contact. Is he in Oregon or Washington, and if in Oregon, is it legal for him to transfer the firearm to someone in Washington ? If in Washington, what is the Oregon connection ? Thanks !!:)

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Any handgun HAS to be shipped to an FFL in your home state so you pay the sales/use tax. A long gun can be shipped to an FFL in Oregon and picked up there if you can find one to do it.

Cocktailer is licensed in both WA and OR. He can pick a handgun up in OR and bring it with him, but he still has to charge the WA use/sales tax on a handgun.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

It is legal to buy long guns in most of the western states except calif. I have purchased rifles in Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming. A regular purchase. Pay, instant background check and leave with the rifle. Pistols can be purchased but must be shipped to an FFL in your home state. It's probably less expensive to go to Portland and buy your rifle or shotgun and save the shipping charge plus get to inspect the gun before purchase. There are good prices and a lot of choices in Portland.
I bought quite a few SKS rifles at great prices while traveling and sold the for a profit at gun shows.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top