JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little rant....

I ordered a new pistol through grabagun and I decided to use Threat Dynamics for my FFL transfer since they were close to my office, and only $30 including background. They faxed their FFL certificate as soon as I got off of the phone with them.

The gun was delivered Friday last week around noon, so I decided to stop by on my way home from my buddies later that afternoon.

They were busy, so I had to wait 5 minutes before they got to me, which is ok considering how busy they were. I asked if my gun was ready, and I was told that "it takes about 45 minutes to process, and we can't do it right now because we're busy". Now it's Monday, and it's still not processed....

I guess when your in the business to try and sell guns (which i have seen to be very above retail in some cases) they are not going to put your needs head of the line. I would stand there and wait... or go right before they close. They are holding your property right now right?

It looks like they have 7 days to write it into their books. Transfer's don't appear to be very high on their priority list, so I will not be using them again.

I go through Tornado Tech for my transfers. Goldie offered to come in the day after Thanksgiving, when they were closed, to get my transfer done so I did not have to wait another week (I only have Friday's off).

You do know black Friday and the days after are some of the busiest for stores right? They are in business to make money, does it make sense for them to drop everything they are doing and stop helping customers who want to buy guns from them when you bought a gun from someone else?

You do know black Friday and the days after are some of the busiest for stores right? They are in business to make money, does it make sense for them to drop everything they are doing and stop helping customers who want to buy guns from them when you bought a gun from someone else?

No, I was mistaken, FFL's are required to have a gun written into their books by close of the next business day, Saturday. Also, by paying for their services, I am a paying customer.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I would call them, and then if you have a lawyer friend, have them make some contact. I am not a fan of that place

Pathetic!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Pathetic!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"
Maybe, but I didn't say sue them, sometimes the average consumer don't have the horsepower to get things done. You can say all you want just don't use them agian but when they are holding your property its a different story

They redeemed themselves by having me come in when they were closed to the public. The co-owner is very nice, but I don't think that they put a very high priority on transfers.

Yeah the customers at the register come first mentality is BS.
Solv3nt was a customer they were making money and should be treated like any other. If your already helping someone fine, I'd wait and be patient of course, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I had some lowers shipped to Clark County gunsmithing and I was in and out background check and paper work completed in less than 10 mins. That included admiring a Tavor sitting on the counter and giving some love to the old store dog.
Places like that lose my business.
Thanks for posting.

I ordered a lower receiver and used them as my FFL because I have had good service there. It took a week for them to process from the time they received it. By the time it was ready to pick up, I was out of town on a business trip.

I like the people and the range, but I'll find someone else to do transfers through.

Go to A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton next time. Cheap, quick, friendly. I have never been in there longer than 20 minutes and the 20 minute visit I got the new guy in training. $25, fast and friendly and they have good hours. If you order for the standard online places, they do so much business their FFL is usually already on file. They are the best IMO!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top