JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm from Las Vegas and the going rate for shipping a firearm to a FFL HOLDER is $15-25. Why is it 50-70 bucks up here in Tillamook? This is crazy. You find a bargain weapon online and you lose it all with the cost of a transfer....

I have a couple currently being sent to Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro. <broken link removed>
They are charging $25 (includes $10 background) for the first & $15 for each additional. I suppose Tillamook FFL's are few & far between, therefore the ridiculous prices! Search up & down the coast a few miles for another option, or find one in the Portland area & plan to take a drive around the time your guns come in! :) Good luck!

Wait until you try to bring one in to Washington state. FFL fee's and sales tax. Most FFL's in these parts are reasonable. It's the state that is out of hand (8.1% to 9.5%).
Actually it's a "use tax" since you're bringing it into WA. You can avoid it by moving to OR and paying 9% income tax instead.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last Edited:
little town corporate collusion? When I lived in a little town in New Mexico there were 3 FFL's in town, a transfer was $100 from all three. They never got a penny out of me just on principle.

Yes a lot of the ffl charges around here are high. I ordered 2 blem lowers from PSA for $50 each, so $100 worth of parts, sent them to brightwater ventures because my usual ffl was out of town, got charged $35 per lower + tax. Ended up being close to $90 to transer, almost cost more than the lowers.

For pistols you have to transfer within the state of residence but for long guns I try to use Oregon ffls when I can.

Wow, sounds like an opportunity in the making. Have you considered getting your FFL and starting up your own home-based shop? Heck, if you did transfers for say, $40, you'd beat the other guys, probably get all their business and make some cash on the side. May be worth considering if you're up to the task.

Yes a lot of the ffl charges around here are high. I ordered 2 blem lowers from PSA for $50 each, so $100 worth of parts, sent them to brightwater ventures because my usual ffl was out of town, got charged $35 per lower + tax. Ended up being close to $90 to transer, almost cost more than the lowers.

For pistols you have to transfer within the state of residence but for long guns I try to use Oregon ffls when I can.

Southwest Washington surplus charges 20 bucks for up to two items. I stopped using it because every time I call in the lady who answers makes it such a hassle. So, now I'm using northwest custom firearms. They charge 20 bucks and they are excellent with communications.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Call Mark at Double Barrel Guns in Cannon Beach. He is very reasonable !

He also runs Cannon beach surf shop, the gun shop is upstairs.. It's kinda hidden away

503 436 0475

Last Edited:
It varies.... Some places charge a highish initial fee and a minimal fee for additional items in the same transfer, while others charge a lower fee but will charge the full fee for each item included on the 4473. Some have regular business hours and some are by appointment only; either can be advantageous depending on your schedule I suppose. Best to shop around!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top