JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does anyone know you if you traded firearms?
If it is used in a crime or if for some reason taken in as evidence, like a self defense shooting. They would run the numbers to find the original purchaser and if the paperwork didn't match up with who was in possession of it there would be some questions about how that exchange took place with no paperwork showing such.

This is less of an issue with items that were made/bought well before I594 where it is plausible that the trade could have taken place before that went into effect.

How does anyone know you if you traded firearms?
MANY "skirt" this law in a few ways. Chances are they will never care. They are deluding themselves if they think there is no risk. As another mentioned if the gun is ever stolen and used in a crime high enough profile for the Police to search? They will end up with the last known possessor. If that person did anything with the gun that was not legal they are then in a bind. Since many will just "get away with it" no big deal. I know to me its not worth the risk so I will not do it.

I give Idaho another 10 maybe 20 tops years before they are in the same boat as Washington. Liberals keep fleeing the results of voting their ideology into power and then continue to vote the same way in the new area they haven't ruined yet. It's a mental illness.
Yes, but...
The National Shooting Sports Foundation states that 8.4 million Americans became new gun owners for the first time during 2020, and another 3.2 million in 2021. Those weren't all Republicans. In fact, I'd venture to guess most of those new owners were not Republicans (since Republicans were no doubt smart enough to already own guns for self defense). It is perhaps unduly optimistic to say so, but there is at least a trending indicator that liberal mental disease is being blunted by the reality of gun ownership benefits. Certainly gun ownership is proving more popular with the American people at the same time that the popularity of Democrats is dropping like a rock.

You dont really want gun laws enforced do you?
Well of course I do. I'm willing to bet that virtually ALL of the shooting, killing, rapes ,robberies, etc that have surged in the last two years are committed by people that should be in, or should have spent time in jail.

MANY "skirt" this law in a few ways. Chances are they will never care. They are deluding themselves if they think there is no risk. As another mentioned if the gun is ever stolen and used in a crime high enough profile for the Police to search? They will end up with the last known possessor. If that person did anything with the gun that was not legal they are then in a bind. Since many will just "get away with it" no big deal. I know to me its not worth the risk so I will not do it.
Spoken like a true sheep.

Anybody have experience with trading guns between Washington and Oregon? I live in Oregon, but am looking at trading guns with someone in Washington.
Background checks are required, in each state. The particulars depend on handgun vs. long gun. e.g. you or they can legally buy or trade a long gun in an adjoining state, if it's not a prohibited type, the receiver's state regs have to be followed.

Hand guns may only be transferred through an FFL in the receiver's state. As might be evident, it's most complicated if two handguns are involved, especially in a trade, since there are in effect, two transactions required, one in each state and background checks have been delayed, meaning both state FFLs would have to take possession, clearing the check before proceeding.

Hope that helps.

Spoken like a true sheep.
:s0092:
You and any other "brave people" are welcome to flaunt gun laws all you wish. Even better make sure you tell anyone who will listen to you that you break the laws. After all how could this go wrong? Suspect you also do not vote since its a waste of time correct? Why vote for change when you can just say you will not follow firearm laws. Again what could possibly go wrong.
Stupidity should be painful but, far too often its not.

Not advisable
More than likely just a troll. There are always some who do just figure the laws do not effect them. Many get away with it a LONG time. Some are not so lucky. Knew a guy well decades back that was having all kinds of fun doing this. Then he went off the deep end with deciding he knew the law better than the lawyers and really learned a hard lesson. Ended up in Fed Pen. I doubt he looked back on it all and thought it was worth it but I never got to ask him as I had put some distance between us when he went full kook.

Anybody have experience with trading guns between Washington and Oregon? I live in Oregon, but am looking at trading guns with someone in Washington.
Since you need an FFL decide do you want the WA person to come to you, or do you want to travel here? After you decide ask about a good FFL in the area you want to meet up and someone can probably point you to one or more. You can then talk to the FFL of choice and see how they want to handle it. FAR better than open ended speculation will be.

:s0092:
You and any other "brave people" are welcome to flaunt gun laws all you wish. Even better make sure you tell anyone who will listen to you that you break the laws. After all how could this go wrong? Suspect you also do not vote since its a waste of time correct? Why vote for change when you can just say you will not follow firearm laws. Again what could possibly go wrong.
Stupidity should be painful but, far too often its not.
Please tell us how your vote has changed anything and yes I do vote.

Please tell us how your vote has changed anything and yes I do vote.
Sometimes it can be meaningful. Votes looked very meaningful when Dino Rossi came within a hair's breadth of beating Christine Gregoire for the Washington Governor's office (2004). The final statewide difference was only 129 votes. Granted, in states like California, Oregon, and Washington the votes look totally skewed in favor of Democrats, but sometimes voting really can make a difference.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top