JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all!
So I'm a Portland, Oregon resident trying to arrange a private transfer with a Washington resident (I'm the buyer, he's the seller). As such, I'm looking for an FFL conveniently located very near the Oregon/Washington border, but on the Oregon side, and preferably very near the i5 corridor. Anyone have any recommendations? Obviously I could answer this question with my good friend "The Internet", but I'm looking for recommendations from people who have personally had positive experiences at the FFL in question.

Hi all!
So I'm a Portland, Oregon resident trying to arrange a private transfer with a Washington resident (I'm the buyer, he's the seller). As such, I'm looking for an FFL conveniently located very near the Oregon/Washington border, but on the Oregon side, and preferably very near the i5 corridor. Anyone have any recommendations? Obviously I could answer this question with my good friend "The Internet", but I'm looking for recommendations from people who have personally had positive experiences at the FFL in question.
If no one else here comes up with one you like I would try asking Sporting Systems, see if they have a shop the other side of the bridge from them they like? I would trust their recommendation if they have one

I have used Shooters Service Center in St. Johns for those transfers because it was convenient to get to from where I worked and semi-convenient for people from Vancouver. Just do not go in there with a gun outside the case - he has a rule about that.

Not the best neighborhood, but I have not had any trouble coming/going and I have done 3 transfers there.

Fisherman's Marine in Delta Park is more convenient for WA resident, but much less convenient for me because of I-5 traffic. Also, they don't do many transfers, so it took half an hour for them to get it done and was more like Cabelas with a lot of going back and forth between three people, plus the cost was higher.

If the item you are buying is something simple like a hunting rifle, then you should be able to buy it in WA with little trouble - but the laws have changed since I last did that, so maybe not. Of course, a handgun you need to do here - an AR/etc., is probably simpler to do here too.

It's tempting to look at Fisherman's Marine but with the wait in the background check system, you have to go twice and the seller has to hold on to the gun. The transfer fee is $45. I just tried this with a Washington seller and he wasn't happy about two trips so I recommended he ship to A Cut Above Pawn. Tigard Pawn for More is also good.
The fee is $25 at both.

I don't know if the pawn shops will agree to hold the rifle while the background check clears like they do with a shipped firearm so ask first.

Money Market Pawn on SE Powell & 136th is by far the easiest guys to deal with. They're not as close as you want, but far less hassle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top