JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi:
I live in Oregon and here is my question.I'm about to trade a rifle for another rifle.Do the ferderal "ATF now the BATFE" trump Oregon state law?.
I'm trading a Mosin Nagant for a 8MM Mauser.The person that I want to trade with is a "collector of curios and relics" holder. My FFL says that I can't just box up the Mosin rifle and just send it to the "C&R" holder.I have read off the batfe site FAQ.See here.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

B1
"A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector."

My Mosin falls under C&R so I read it as I a private party can send the MN to him with no problem.Now the word "Licensee means C&R holder or another
FFL holder?

B7

"A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State."

Again I just want to ship it with no FFL involved it's going to a C&R holder?

MY FFL is charging $35.00 for a transfer I have no problem paying him to do
the transfer from the C&R holder for the Mauser 8MM rifle.The Mauser has a plastic stock and a muzzle brake and the barrel has been cut down
"sportered" and drilled for a scope I believe it's now not a C&R rifle now
my FFl says yes it's not a C&R rifle the seller said that it need to go to a FFl 01 that makes sence.I hope this is not to craxy of a question.Should I look for
another FFL holder?

Thanks
Scott Hannah

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR