Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FFL for stripped lower

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PiratePast40, Feb 11, 2016.

1. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Looking at buying an Aero stripped lower from Primary Arms and looking for a local FFL to do the transfer. Called Guncrafters in Salem and they want $40 + $10 ($50 total) to do the transfer. Asked him what he would charge if I bought an Anderson lower from him, and he said the BGC was the same price. Any other recommendations for someone in or near Salem?

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The pawn shops seem to be doing the most honest deals right now. I would try calling a few of them.

Other then that I do not know Salem well.

3. PiratePast40

Just called "All That Glitters" pawn shop and they want $50.

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Get an 80% and bypass the unconstitutional laws......

Flopsweat, bnsaibum and Dyjital like this.
  5. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

Just call all the local FFL's & find your aero lower.

Paying a transfer fee is a rediculous idea unless you can get multiple lowers for around 55 bucks each.. Aero lowers are 80 bucks in Oregon city & the transfer would be 35 bucks + background check. Not worth it.

Capn Jack and Dyjital like this.
  6. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Call Curt's and see what he has in stock.. Last time I was there he had several lowers from multiple manufactures including Anderson, Rainier and Seekins Precision. Well they didn't have the Rainier or Seekings when I left..........

Flopsweat likes this.
  7. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think the OP is down more in the Salem area, Curt's may be further than he wants to drive.

That said OP, you'll probably find your best answer is to make calls to the FFL's in your area, not just one or two, get the list of FFL's from the ATF for your area and spend some time on the phone. I have an FFL up here that is $25 total for the transfer/BGC, $15 for each additional transfer done at the same time. Likely you'll never get past the $10 BGC fee no matter where you go since that's paid to the OSP to keep them up and running.

8. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton, 25.00 out the door.

Brutus57 likes this.
  9. PiratePast40

Not too many people have any Aero lowers in stock and Aero is out as well. Found one on primaryarms.com for $74.99. That's a little lower than anyone else for the Gen 2 lower.

Did a search here and fund another thread about FFL fees with the last entry in 2014. Paulus guns was mentioned so I looked the guy up. He's still in business in West Salem and willing to do a transfer for $25. Told him I would be glad to buy from someone local if he's anywhere in the ballpark. He said that he would need to wait until they made another run at Aero since they were out of stock. Told him my price from primaryarms and he said to go ahead and get it.

Really liked the fact that he said that he would rather a beginner get a decent price the first time around. I'll definitely be doing business with the guy.

Brutus57 likes this.
  10. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Whoever you find to do it, if it's just a lower, be sure they do the tranafer as a receiver and not define it as a pistol or a rifle.

Flopsweat, etrain16 and PiratePast40 like this.
  11. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

This is how FFL's force you to buy from them.

Sure you paid $65 for a stripped lower and $15 shipping then those local fuggers want $35-$55 to receive and hand it to you. BUT... buy from them and it's $80. Meanwhile both of you paid close to the same price from the manufacturer.

12. semajg

semajg Vancouver Member

I just picked up one from Sporting Systems in Downtown Vancouver. They had several Aero lowers stocked in black, grey, and green. $80 blem lower for the Gen 2 with retention screw. I think the non-blems were $100 or $110. Of the blems I looked at, one had a small nick near the magazine release button, the one I picked up was clean on the outside, and had a little bit of color wear on the inner magwell which I will touch up.

And I also checked the 4473 they filled out, and was done correctly as an "Other" and "receiver".

PiratePast40 likes this.
  13. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

I've used Paulus guns for an ak transfer online purchase. I'll use him again when I'd fully recommend him, plus he's right down the road from me. I've also used 2nd Amendment supply in west Salem. I think his was $30 out the door transaction.

14. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

$35-55 to send a copy of their FFL, receive the shipment, unpack it, file a copy of the sender's FFL, log it into their bound book, call you, do a background check and background check paperwork, write up a receipt, hand it to you and then log it out of their bound book. It's not as simple as pulling it out of a shipping box and handing it to you.

SportingSys likes this.
  15. PiratePast40

^^^^ Not sure if it was an intended consequence, but it sure works to make it more inconvenient for all law abiding citizens to exercise their second amendment rights.

However, I don't mind supporting local merchants, just not those that would take advantage of us. After all, those of us participating are supposed to be on the same side in a symbiotic relationship.

Mikej, jb11, Dyjital and 1 other person like this.
  16. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Aware of that.

17. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

Tick a lick has Aero lowers for $75, South Commercial street.

skeezix likes this.
  18. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

BTW, not a big fan of Guncrafters.

Chee-to likes this.
  19. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Oak Grove in Eugene is $30. That being said I am seeing aero lowers down here at around $100

20. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

C'mon now. Tell us how you really feel about him!