JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently made a big mistake picking up a FFL for hangun transfer randomly. He put the package on hold and 'disappears'.
I have to contact the seller Monday, hope the seller can reroute the package to a different FFL. If you know a reliable FFL dealer in
Milwaukie, OR area, plese post. I am not sure if the re-route is possible or not but will give it a try if this FFL won't response by Monday. Thanks,

I strongly suggest you take a short country drive down to Molalla to WILD BILLS GUNS on main st in down town Molalla. Bill and his boys will take very good care of you. He's done 3 transfers and 4 purchases for me and all have been outstanding.

Last transfer was this fall and cost $20.00+ the $10.00 BGC fee.

Thanks all. 99 pawn seems a good one. Called the seller, they have to rerieve back to store then ship to a another dealer, instead of re-routing. So I'll wait a couple of days to see if I can get my pistol before asking seller to do so. It sounds like the private dealer goes to a gun show, not a long vacation.

Is this FFL that dissapeared on you in your time of need someone we on NWFA should know about?

I've been considering buying an arm on line and had a question out on how the buying and transfer worked. It would really SUCK to purchase a gun, and then not be able to contact the FFL that it was shipped too!

Buying online and having it transferred to a local FFL is easy. We do it all the time for gunbroker.com auctions and private sales from out of state. If you're in the Tualatin area, just let me know and I can handle it for you in the future. We charge $25 for the transfer process and it covers performing an Oregon State Police (OSP) background check and the ATF Form 4473 to transfer the firearm(s) to you.

What do you need to do to buy online and have the transfer performed locally?
1. Not be a criminal and be able to honestly fill out ATF Form 4473 (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf)
2. Have a valid Oregon Driver's License (DL) for the Oregon State Police (OSP) criminal background check.
3. Pay the seller directly and always ensure the sender provides a tracking # and requires signature delivery.
4. Request the receiving FFL to send an "authorized copy" of their FFL to the sender (can be another FFL or a private party).
5. The seller ships via USPS/UPS/FedEx to the receiving FFL's addresss.
6. When the firearm comes in, you get contacted by the receiving FFL to fill out the ATF Form 4473 and do the OSP background check.
7. Once you complete the paperwork and get approved on the background check (usually takes only a few minutes) you pay the transfer fee and the firearm is yours.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top