JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An eye witness account of the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo:

About 20 minutes before the shooting, Johnson said he saw Brown walking down the street and decided to catch up with him. The two walked and talked. That's when Johnson says they saw the police car rolling up to them.

The officer demanded that the two "get the f—k on the sidewalk," Johnson says. "His exact words were get the f—k on the sidewalk."

After telling the officer that they were almost at their destination, Johnson's house, the two continued walking. But as they did, Johnson says the officer slammed his brakes and threw his truck in reverse, nearly hitting them.

Now, in line with the officer's driver's side door, they could see the officer's face. They heard him say something to the effect of, "what'd you say?" At the same time, Johnson says the officer attempted to thrust his door open but the door slammed into Brown and bounced closed. Johnson says the officer, with his left hand, grabbed Brown by the neck.

"I could see the muscles in his forearm," Johnson said. "Mike was trying to get away from being choked."

"They're not wrestling so much as his arm went from his throat to now clenched on his shirt," Johnson explained of the scene between Brown and the officer. "It's like tug of war. He's trying to pull him in. He's pulling away, that's when I heard, 'I'm gonna shoot you.'"

At that moment, Johnson says he fixed his gaze on the officer to see if he was pulling a stun gun or a real gun. That's when he saw the muzzle of the officer's gun.

"I seen the barrel of the gun pointed at my friend," he said. "He had it pointed at him and said 'I'll shoot,' one more time."

A second later Johnson said he heard the first shot go off.

"I seen the fire come out of the barrell," he said. "I could see so vividly what was going on because I was so close."

Johnson says he was within arm's reach of both Brown and the officer. He looked over at Brown and saw blood pooling through his shirt on the right side of the body.

"The whole time [the officer] was holding my friend until the gun went off," Johnson noted.

Brown and Johnson took off running together. There were three cars lined up along the side of the street. Johnson says he ducked behind the first car, whose two passengers were screaming. Crouching down a bit, he watched Brown run past.

"Keep running, bro!," he said Brown yelled. Then Brown yelled it a second time. Those would be the last words Johnson's friend, "Big Mike," would ever say to him.

Brown made it past the third car. Then, "blam!" the officer took his second shot, striking Brown in the back. At that point, Johnson says Brown stopped, turned with his hands up and said "I don't have a gun, stop shooting!"

By that point, Johnson says the officer and Brown were face-to-face. The officer then fired several more shots. Johnson described watching Brown go from standing with his hands up to crumbling to the ground and curling into a fetal position.

If this is true, the police officer should be tried for murder. This has got to stop happening.

Remember when Trevon was shot and how bad the story was lied about by the media? I will wait for a jury trial before I make a statement.

I agree with both of you.

If that Officer did what was reported, then yep...a murder charge is in order.

But as usual, there's more jaw jackin' than facts as of now.

Hahaha
A black kid gets shot and it turns into LOOTING and destruction. Hooda thunk?
And Sharpton says not looting no shooting
I'm just saying

Oh yeah
I'm kinda tired of this crap
Burn it down

What do you think is the future of the neighborhood? Just going to drive the jobs away and drive more into poverty.

No riots or looting after this brutal beating of a white man. Marxist propaganda machine at work in Ferguson. 1521971_766230416773140_9065377598074244065_n.jpg

Ya know...I respect what our LEO guys/gals do. Run the scum out, lock up the criminals, etc.. But this....if I were him, there would have been an exchange of gun fire if he pulled a gun on me for "walking in the street". I've held police at gunpoint over less, and I'm always skeptical of when I have to to deal with them. I feel sorry for the person that has to deal with the police without the option to protect themselves from the people who are supposed to serve them.

Back in Texas there's some pretty strong property laws, and we don't play well with trespassers. Cop though he was going to walk through my property to "look at something" I told him no, to leave, and I wouldn't be so polite if I had to talk to him again. He walked onto the property, got a shotgun leveled at him, 5 minute stand off while Sheriff rides out, Sheriff tells him to kick rocks and asks me to call his office next time this happens instead of handling things my own way.

He didn't have a warrant, and thought he saw something of peculiar interest or something.

They are never above the law, and I will treat them as such.

Back in Texas there's some pretty strong property laws, and we don't play well with trespassers. Cop though he was going to walk through my property to "look at something" I told him no, to leave, and I wouldn't be so polite if I had to talk to him again. He walked onto the property, got a shotgun leveled at him, 5 minute stand off while Sheriff rides out, Sheriff tells him to kick rocks and asks me to call his office next time this happens instead of handling things my own way.

He didn't have a warrant, and thought he saw something of peculiar interest or something.

They are never above the law, and I will treat them as such.

Much as I wish that were the case in Washington/Oregon, you are likely to have a SWAT team with a Bearcat show up on your door step if you did that up here.

On the topic of the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo, the report says he was part of a robbery shortly before the shooting:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/1...wn-fit-description-strong-arm-robbery-suspect

Also, does anyone question the description from on of the witnesses saying he was "running away with his hands up"? That seems like a very weird way to run. I could picture him walking away with his hands up in indifference then booking it, but running with his hands up seems kind of fishy to me.

Last Edited:
I can't agree with the actions of the police that started this mess, and the way it was initially handled.
They should have gotten out in front of it and didn't.
But breaking the windows of businesses, and looting them is like vandalizing your neighbor's car because the postman kicked your dog. It makes no sense.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Never have/never will. Especially when the innocent, that had nothing to do with the initial transgression, are made the primary victims of the secondary crime.

There's I'm sure some people that shouldn't be cops. Just like any other profession. But gosh damn, the armchair quarterbacks are thick and heavy...
The suspect who's DEad, was a suspect in a robbery.
Now if Obama is trying to create a so called military style police, that's another story. That's bad.

In due time the emperor will declare his decision assigning guilt and innocent . . . We can then all face D. C. and bow, pressing our foreheads to the ground while chanting, "It is so . . . Let it be so."

Then we can continue about our business .

Sheldon

I don't believe the story of the "witness" (also read coconspirator/accomplice) about the actions of the officer. It just doesn't sound right for multiple reasons. Let's wait for the facts to come out before we judge the officer's actions.

Emerging details: Ferguson teen was robbery suspect; Gun sales spike

This morning's media rush to identify the Ferguson, Mo., police officer who fatally shot teenager Michael Brown last Saturday also revealed that the teen, described as 6'4" and weighing 292 pounds, was the prime suspect in a strong-arm robbery that had just occurred.

<broken link removed>

Emerging details: Ferguson teen was robbery suspect; Gun sales spike

This morning's media rush to identify the Ferguson, Mo., police officer who fatally shot teenager Michael Brown last Saturday also revealed that the teen, described as 6'4" and weighing 292 pounds, was the prime suspect in a strong-arm robbery that had just occurred.

<broken link removed>
As you know Dave,I don't go to the examiner because y'all won't take care of the pop ups.(say what you want but other sites don't do the same for me)
But anyway,the kid having done a strong arm robbery has nothing to do with what happened with the shooting.
Maybe he did rob someone but the LEO didn't know that yet.And the cop still didn't have the right to just shoot the kid,even after being embarrassed cause the kid punched him.
The kid should have know better,since he was an "A" student (?),than to mess with the cop too

But the rest of the BS is why black neighborhoods get the responses they do from LEOs
And as with (lost his name) in LA,Rodney King,they destroyed their own neighborhood.
If they want to make a point,go riot somewhere where the people will care

The cop should burn and the 'hood got what they deserved by making themselves look stupid and destroying their own streets.And they wonder why there is still race tension

As you know Dave,I don't go to the examiner because y'all won't take care of the pop ups.(say what you want but other sites don't do the same for me)
But anyway,the kid having done a strong arm robbery has nothing to do with what happened with the shooting.
Maybe he did rob someone but the LEO didn't know that yet.And the cop still didn't have the right to just shoot the kid,even after being embarrassed cause the kid punched him.
The kid should have know better,since he was an "A" student (?),than to mess with the cop too

But the rest of the BS is why black neighborhoods get the responses they do from LEOs
And as with (lost his name) in LA,Rodney King,they destroyed their own neighborhood.
If they want to make a point,go riot somewhere where the people will care

The cop should burn and the 'hood got what they deserved by making themselves look stupid and destroying their own streets.And they wonder why there is still race tension
The cop shot him cause he was emabarssed that he got punched? Is that the testimony from the cop?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews