JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I go to a private ranch in Cheeny Wa. My boar was 525 pounds and dressed out with 300 pounds of meat. I shot it right behind the ear witha 300 and it woke up and chased me. it took 3 to kill it. Made me think twice about hunting dangerous game like grizzley or mt,lion. I have to get my pics off my other hard drive, but here is a pic of my buddies it was the smallest of all of them. He had only been back from the war for a couple of weeks and sniped it through the ear with his 22/250.

hey buddy my name is randy ross im comming home from afghanistan next week to spokane and am really intrested in hunting some pig so how do i contact this ranch you are talking about in cheeny you can also email me at [email protected]

This guy may need some help killing his hog:

Man vs. pig in Oregon like Ahab vs. Moby Dick | News Bizarre | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I see that the bill mentioned in this article was passed into law so finding a hog in OR to shoot may be more difficult than before......time for a hunting road trip.

Making landowners responsible for this is BS!! I'd totally get down with this if the state put a bounty on wild pigs though. **** ever $25 to pay for my gas to drive to the area to shoot the things and I bet a ton of people would be fighting to sign up.

Anyone do it? I'm interested in learned the wheres and whens as well as how...:huh::huh::huh::huh:
one problem a guy has in oregon is the standing rule between farmers, any pig gets loose it's fair game for shooting asap, most eastern farmers have no tolerance for loose hogs they get shot on sight.

This guy may need some help killing his hog:

Man vs. pig in Oregon like Ahab vs. Moby Dick | News Bizarre | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I see that the bill mentioned in this article was passed into law so finding a hog in OR to shoot may be more difficult than before......time for a hunting road trip.

POWERS, Ore. — There's a big pig rooting its way around Jody Cyr's 400 acres of southern Coos County rangeland,

(Wringing hands) Excellent........Smithers, get the car :s0114:

I have seen feral hogs close to prineville, north and a bit east. I presume they escaped from the old game ranch near ashwood. I think that F&G had them pretty well cleaned out, had some special push near paulina to keep them from catching hold. I know that nearer the ca border, around Klamath, there has been some folks who claim to see them, but I have not had any luck there, yet. Best bet I think is to keep an eye around that ashwood area, follow the creek beds south and east.

as the crow flies, its almost due north. Driving wise, easier to go through madras. I think you can google or yahoo map it, its about 60 miles strait, about a 75 mile drive on the roads. They had a big pig problem around paulina a few years ago, and had some special hunts around that area and probably missed a few. an artilce describes a bit of their spread. Invasive pigs moving into Oregon its a few years old, but might give you some tips.

I live and hunt near madras. We see lots of sign but never and hogs. I have a few buddies that have killed a total of 7 hogs over the past 2 years. As we all know there is bif money is charging for hunts but oregon just passed a bill that now makes it illegal to charge to hunt for pigs on ur propety. SEE HB2221. Good look hunting and yes go the ashwood area!!!!!!!

there are getting to be quite a few hogs over around the ashwood/shaniko/antelope/madras area. a buddy of mine lives over there and spends a lot of time driving around with a rifle in his rig. he has shot several of them the last couple of years. i have asked him to let me know when he finds them again. says that they seem to move around a lot. never sure where they will be. a lot of private ground over in that area

I retired from WDFW and used to talk to hunters frequently about the feral pig issue. You will find lots of them West of Chehalis to wards Montesano. They hang out near the Satsup river. No tag is needed as they are considered an invasive species. They are pork, so they have a tendency to have certain "bugs" that can raise Cain with humans. They are cagey and run faster than a fat woman at a Wal-Mart sale. Use a large caliber and try for lung or heart shots. Their skulls are thicker than a democrat's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top