Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Feral hogs in Oreogn?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Ironbar, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I could have sworn that I read a report a couple years ago stating that feral swine had been eradicated in Oregon. Is this accurate? If not, where are people heading to hunt them? Thanks!

2. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

The area around Post had some the last I heard. I always took our .357 anytime we went fishing on some friends property in that area. Never did see any though.

3. Ironbar

Uhhhh.......what?? What's "Post?"

4. jjackffrost

jjackffrost central oregon Active Member

no they never will get rid of them. Seen a few with the night vision in central Oregon over by Redmond. If you have a hunting License you can shoot it. Check Oregon fish and game web sight they have maps of where they have been spotted in Oregon.

5. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

About 25 miles east of Prineville Resevoir.

6. KONE KILLER

What he said ^^^^
    The dead on the nuts center of Oregon. Nothing much in that town.... post office, video rental, liqour store, hair care, nail sallon, tire shop all in one.

7. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Go to the magnifying glass at the top right corner of this page @ advanced search and type in "feral hogs in Oregon". MAN have we beat this one to death before, I think you'll find all you want to read and more.:bluelaugh:

EMP9596 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

The Orgonian ran an article recently, it was really a rant to give more power to goverment to "Save The Diversity" UN Agenda 21 crap
    If ODW wants to get rid of the beasts just declare a no tag, 24 hr open season with any weapon, knives, spears, dogs, suppressed, Night Vision, just like TX,,,but they never will.

9. doubletap007

doubletap007 Beaverton Active Member

in post oregon...you may see an orange dodge charger with a rebel flag being chased by a cop named rosco p. coltrane.

10. jake2far

jake2far Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

11. Mutt

Mutt Washington, Kitsap County Member

Any pigs in Washington. I'd assume it's only a matter of time.

12. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

seems to me like if odfw really wanted all the pigs killed they would put out at least a token effort. like making a list of landowners who might at least be willing to take calls regarding pig hunting. or they could just put me on a fair salary, say $50k yearly, furnish a vehicle, quad, room and board, a list of lonely farm girls, ammo, and beer. i just might see what i could do about those darned pigs!

jeepseth and (deleted member) like this.
  13. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

When using dogs for bear and cougar was no longer a possibility here in WA, a group of houndmen petitioned F&W for a permit to import feral hogs into WA, specifically up in Whatcom County (no I was not one, but I knew several of the guys) F&W almost had a heart attack with the idea of feral pigs in WA. Did some actually get imported? (illegally) Not that I know of, but if there are any, they will be somewhere east of Everson.

14. Ironbar

I think they'd have a hard time justifying the pay thing when so many are willing to go out and do it for free!

15. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

it was just a thought, they dont seem to have much of a problem justifing other stupid programs.

16. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

ODFW's "Feral Hog" concerns are overblown, propagandized, and hypocritical. See previous threads for proof.

17. tomcat mv

tomcat mv Maple Valley WA Member

I've heard that there are lot over in the Olympic Peninsula arear and around Longview-Kelso.

18. KONE KILLER

Thats not pigs in Longview/Kelso, thats the local women....

j/k

Gunner3456 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Mutt

Mutt Washington, Kitsap County Member

LOL .... that's funny. I'm gonna start a new thread so we don't completely hijack this poor guys thread.