1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Fence test

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by elkoholic79, Apr 4, 2010.

1. elkoholic79

elkoholic79 salem Member

Which side of the fence are you? Maybe you're just a fence sitter otherwise known in the current political vernacular as a "moderate."

Take a look:

· If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
    If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

· If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
    If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

· If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
    If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

· If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
    A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

· If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
    Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

· If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

· If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
    A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

· If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
    A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

2. irehog66

irehog66 SE Portland Member

3. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

If a conservative doesn't like you or some aspect of you/how you lead your life, they will tell YOU, and usually explain why.
    When a liberal doesn't like you/some aspect of how you lead your life, they will nod and smile at you, and probably tell you that's great!
    Then go tell everyone that will listen, how screwed up you are!

Something I noticed while living in Eugene, OR.
  4. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Should have made this thread a poll.............

I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have NO problem.
  5. watcher

watcher West of Portland Member

OK, I am not a true liberal but I tend to be liberal on several subjects.

I think it unwise to tar all liberals with the same brush.

I have more guns than you will probably ever own in lifetime. So many that some of them are in storage and I haven't seen them in years. What's more is that I stay in practice.

I hunt. I know how to field dress an Elk and I eat red meat.

Fortunately I do not have this difficulty but I believe that people should be able to live any life they choose. I may not understand why but that is none of my business.

I have had a company that I worked for declare bankruptcy under me, I have lost my pension - now I own three businesses.

I get great amusement from Fox News.

I don't go to church but I do respect other people' religious choices. If they use the religion to attack me there will be consequences.

I pay for my own health care - but I do not believe that people who have had a really bad break in life should go without.

I just read it and wonder whether the writer can really believe such XXX-*** comments.
  6. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

As long as there is this polarization, we will never complete the work that needs to be done - to get rid of corporate and bank control of the government. They love it when we fight each other - it takes the focus off of them.
  7. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Deep down we are more alike than different. It is what Jim said above that is the core of things, IMO.
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Keep your eye on the money... follow the money trail, regardless from which side of the political isle it comes from... the USA is having a sale, and Washington DC is OPEN FOR BUSINESS!! :(
  9. xjjeeper223

xjjeeper223 Medford Active Member

You didnt read the "If" at the beginning of each statement did you? And either way, its a joke, not Gospel. Relax Francis....